Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

AD companies no longer sponsoring DBI residents, apparently...

AD companies no longer sponsoring DBI residents, apparently...

Old May 30th 2013, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AD companies no longer sponsoring DBI residents, apparently...

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
My husband's HR department are saying that there are about 6 of their employees who will not have their Visas renewed this month because of the rule.
yeh they are definately asking for more stuff this month compared to 2 months ago, as done the visa renewal back then. now they are wanting for dependents tenancy attested, sponsors id card, which i had heard that some people needed to do this and some people didnt, all private companies but looks likely that may well be the case now.
Old May 30th 2013, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

erm we don't want Dubai-types in Abu Dhabi thank you very much

off on a tangent watched The Apprentice in Dubai episode last night - not a regular viewer but it struck me how dense the cross section of hopefuls were. Whenever you doubt your own ability to get things done have a watch of this programme - will give your confidence a lift.
Old May 30th 2013, 4:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by saudiflares
erm we don't want Dubai-types in Abu Dhabi thank you very much

off on a tangent watched The Apprentice in Dubai episode last night - not a regular viewer but it struck me how dense the cross section of hopefuls were. Whenever you doubt your own ability to get things done have a watch of this programme - will give your confidence a lift.
I was surprised that the chap who knows Dubai inside out didn't suggest Dragonmart.
Old May 30th 2013, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I was surprised that the chap who knows Dubai inside out didn't suggest Dragonmart.
yep that would have been the place i would have headed to...
Old May 30th 2013, 5:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by busybee2
yep that would have been the place i would have headed to...
How funny was the posh bloke when he was speaking in simple English?
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:41 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I know from prior experience that Dubai asks for evidence that you have a proper place to stay if you want to sponsor your spouse and children but there seems to be ways around that (maybe via company sponsorship).

Abu Dhabi seems to be making everything more difficult these days, perhaps because the rents are so expensive that no one wants to live there, especially in the city so they respond by forcing people to live there rather than going after the greedy landlord cartels...

N.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 10:00 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

PanArabianEnquirer seem to know all about it...

Further complications could come towards the end of 2013, when a new law comes into force that stipulates all Abu Dhabi government employees – which includes those on Manchester City’s payroll – must reside in the UAE capital. Forecasters are expecting a boom in the purchase and leasing of private jets to make the 7,262km daily commute for training.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:30 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

I live in Dubai but work in AD (private company) and went to AD immigration to renew the housemaids visa last week. On presentation of the paperwork which included a Dubai lease agreement, I was asked if I resided in Dubai. On confirmation of this fact, instead of being given a queue number, I was sent to get an addition signature on the application form from the "officer". He duly signed, but the clerk who processed the application also asked the same question and went as far as rechecking with the officer. This may not currently be law but something has definitely changed. I suspect the increase in Dubai property market vs the reported decrease in AD due to oversupply has a lot to do with it....
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
How funny was the posh bloke when he was speaking in simple English?
sorry didnt actually watch it.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

We have AD visa's and live in Dubai, just renewed them in March, no problems at all. Just renewed rental agreement on villa, which is in the company name as well.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
We have AD visa's and live in Dubai, just renewed them in March, no problems at all. Just renewed rental agreement on villa, which is in the company name as well.
new rules i think have come in just recently ie after march, i renewed a childs visa back in march and now renewing the other one and different procedure again. so they are up to something.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...06-24-1.511636