AD - Car Tyres

Old Oct 11th 2014, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

nodandawink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AD - Car Tyres

Apols if someone has answered this before - I had a quick look on the search function and couldn't see anything.

Looks like the tyres on the 2009 VW Golf GTI need replacing (some cracking on the edges, and given that I rag the t*ts off it I think I'll get some new ones rather than have them delaminate on SZR one morning).

Only thing is, I have absolutely no idea how much to pay, or where to go. Obviously I was thinking to avoid the main stealer, Ali & Sons, but where is likely to offer genuine Pirellis/Michelins at non-stupid prices??
Old Oct 11th 2014, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AD - Car Tyres

the dealers will charge you more, i always use gulf tyres they are behind guava hotel opp burjeel hospital at reem exit on salam st.

you must always have good tyres and brakes in this place. they usually only last a year or so depending on your mileage of course. but if they are cracking they are dangerous and they wont pass the testing at rego time anyways

it depends on the make and model of them as to the price. shop around and see what comes out, i have paid 450 for well known makes for a patrol but then i paid 950 for my ones on a mustang they will all be different for different cars.
Old Oct 12th 2014, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

With a bit of haggling, the tyre shop on airport road, heading from 11th to 13th, on the right junction just before the ADNOC station, has always given me good prices.

You don't necessarily need Pirellis/Michelins, by the way - there are perfectly good alternatives, often much cheaper, without needing to go for some no-name Chinese copy. I'd agree with BB2 - replace often.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by archie159
With a bit of haggling, the tyre shop on airport road, heading from 11th to 13th, on the right junction just before the ADNOC station, has always given me good prices.

You don't necessarily need Pirellis/Michelins, by the way - there are perfectly good alternatives, often much cheaper, without needing to go for some no-name Chinese copy. I'd agree with BB2 - replace often.
yeh i find yokohoma whatsits last longer than big named ones! even the shop tells me that they are better and they are much much cheaper too so its not like they are telling me porkie pies!