Reload this Page >

Accountants - salaries ?

Accountants - salaries ?

Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:26 am
Just Joined

beveridg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accountants - salaries ?

Morning

Just a quick query regarding potential salary packages in Dubai. I am interesting in considering the option of working there. I am from Auckland in New Zealand.

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant (member of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants). I have a 4 year Bachelors Degree in Management Studies from the University of Waikato (Hamilton, New Zealand).

I have around 13 year post graduate experience - last 5 years in Financial Controller roles

I am married; my wife is a school teacher.

Few questions I had.

What salary packages (base salary and allowances) could I expect to get in Dubai as a Financial Controller?

Would be wife find it easy getting teaching jobs? What salary range do teachers get ?

Appreciate any help with these queries.

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accountants - salaries ?

Do a quick search through for teachers...she shouldn't have a problem, but the pay will probably be a bit shite.

As for you, couldn't say what to expect, but check out the faq's, there's a huge list of agencies you could check though to see what the job situation is like...
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:08 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the company has a thing with indians, accountant postions are relatively low paying.

Our Financial Controller, who is also a Chartered Accountant (Indian), works 6 days a week 10-15 hours a day, and is paid 5000 DHS per month, no benefits.

He's damn good too.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TA5
Unless the company has a thing with indians, accountant postions are relatively low paying.

Our Financial Controller, who is also a Chartered Accountant (Indian), works 6 days a week 10-15 hours a day, and is paid 5000 DHS per month, no benefits.

He's damn good too.
It will depend on what sort of job & what sort of company, like any other jobs here.

A friend of mine is a CA for a "Big 5" or however many are left, and I would very much doubt if he's making less than 5,000 a week.

I agree with Bob - check out the FAQ's and trawl through some agencies' websites. You might find salary guidelines in there somewhere.

Good luck!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
It will depend on what sort of job & what sort of company, like any other jobs here.

A friend of mine is a CA for a "Big 5" or however many are left, and I would very much doubt if he's making less than 5,000 a week.

I agree with Bob - check out the FAQ's and trawl through some agencies' websites. You might find salary guidelines in there somewhere.

Good luck!
If at all possible contact the major multinational companies with regional HQ in Dubai, as they tend to have to report up into the head office in the US or Europe and the person hiring you is also based outside the UAE. These companies tend to employ western senior accountants.