Account Freezing

Old Dec 22nd 2019, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Account Freezing

Congrats old chap

I dont think i could do the pleasantries of being nice anymore when you join a new company
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 10:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Congrats old chap

I dont think i could do the pleasantries of being nice anymore when you join a new company
Thanks mate.

That's about the only part I'm dreading. BUT, I'm making a plan that means I'll force myself to do it ultimately...
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Thanks mate.

That's about the only part I'm dreading. BUT, I'm making a plan that means I'll force myself to do it ultimately...
Its always good to get you out of your comfort zones - however im sure you will bat well
Old Dec 24th 2019, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

My account was not frozen at all, and I was advised by the bank that I could keep it open indefinitely.

Moved my large gratuity out with no problems, a few days after the official leaving date.

So I would say as long as you do everything legally then there won't be any issues at all.

I do know of someone who did get hung out to dry on a car loan, he owed money on it and managed to sell the car, but the bank refused to approve the sale and continued to hound him for the payments - he ended up defaulting from outside the country and I assume the bank just had to eat the loan. However, that was not a run-of-the-mill situation or a run-of-the-mill departure (that person did not leave his/her company on good terms) and I suspect that all played a part.

If you are leaving on good terms and do all the paperwork etc I would be very surprised if there were any complications.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 3:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by carcajou
My account was not frozen at all, and I was advised by the bank that I could keep it open indefinitely.

Moved my large gratuity out with no problems, a few days after the official leaving date.

So I would say as long as you do everything legally then there won't be any issues at all.

I do know of someone who did get hung out to dry on a car loan, he owed money on it and managed to sell the car, but the bank refused to approve the sale and continued to hound him for the payments - he ended up defaulting from outside the country and I assume the bank just had to eat the loan. However, that was not a run-of-the-mill situation or a run-of-the-mill departure (that person did not leave his/her company on good terms) and I suspect that all played a part.

If you are leaving on good terms and do all the paperwork etc I would be very surprised if there were any complications.

Good terms at the moment but the 2 month notice period is already killing me. Thank **** it's over Christmas.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Good terms at the moment but the 2 month notice period is already killing me. Thank **** it's over Christmas.
I was 6 months from the end of the month I resigned in with my last employer and they held me to it. bastards. Good luck in the new role.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I was 6 months from the end of the month I resigned in with my last employer and they held me to it. bastards. Good luck in the new role.
Agony! I'm struggling to cope so far and it's been 3 weeks!
Old Dec 24th 2019, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Agony! I'm struggling to cope so far and it's been 3 weeks!
Just start to be a pain in the arse to the management and they will ask you to leave quicker - keep making new suggestions which is what is being done in your new company; start arranging meetings which have no useful agenda or conclusions; or pay $50 for a quack to give you 3 weeks sick leave
Old Dec 24th 2019, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

From recollection, the labour law says that the two-month period can be waived in entirety or in part by a payment from the employee to the company for the time being forfeited - ie, if you want to leave with only a month's notice, you pay them a month's salary etc.

So if it's bothering you that badly see if the company is up for negotiating down the notice period.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 4:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carcajou
From recollection, the labour law says that the two-month period can be waived in entirety or in part by a payment from the employee to the company for the time being forfeited - ie, if you want to leave with only a month's notice, you pay them a month's salary etc.

So if it's bothering you that badly see if the company is up for negotiating down the notice period.
Hahahahahaha - I'd rather sit and do **** all than pay to get out.

They're not monsters or anything, they'd just be ****ed if I left immediately. Once the main guys are back and we're into mid Jan I'll ask to finish end of Jan instead.