Accomodation Question

Accomodation Question

Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Opponent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accomodation Question

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone had a good nights sleep

I have accepted a job with a company based in Dubai festival city and I am now looking at accommodation.

I have been looking at properties in the springs, greens and JLT and wanted to know how long it would take to commute to festival city during peak hours.

Also what is the best place to live near festival city, not too bothered if its apartment or villa but needs to be 2 bed and around 140k

Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Accomodation Question

Mirdiff is handy for Festival City. The greens, lakes etc can get a bit choked so allow an hour either way, not a great drive by the way. Mind you show me a good drive in Dubai!!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:44 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...Mirdif will take you about 10, 15 mins depending on where you are...Garhoud is also close by...
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

yeah...Mirdif will take you about 10, 15 mins depending on where you are...Garhoud is also close by...
Cheers for the quick response people.

What kind of accomodation is it mainly in Mirdiff and Garhoud, my understanding is that its mostly independent villas. The reason why i was looking at greens, lates etc, was of the communtiy life for my wife, so that she could easily meet people and make friends.

Do Mirdiff and Garhoud provide that kind of living?

Once again thanks for the help.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:30 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Opponent
Cheers for the quick response people.

What kind of accomodation is it mainly in Mirdiff and Garhoud, my understanding is that its mostly independent villas. The reason why i was looking at greens, lates etc, was of the communtiy life for my wife, so that she could easily meet people and make friends.

Do Mirdiff and Garhoud provide that kind of living?

Once again thanks for the help.
communitiy life would push me over the edge...and I also think this 'community' feel is a bit overrated...it's not like you automatically love your neighbour...but maybe that's just me (lol, it probably is)
but there are loads of smaller compounds here, with a shared pool, gym etc and there is a large one called Uptown, just near the shopping centre which would be ideal for you....
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
communitiy life would push me over the edge...and I also think this 'community' feel is a bit overrated...it's not like you automatically love your neighbour...but maybe that's just me (lol, it probably is)
but there are loads of smaller compounds here, with a shared pool, gym etc and there is a large one called Uptown, just near the shopping centre which would be ideal for you....

Community living - ditto!

Uptown Mirdiff is great for the hearing impaired.

-
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:43 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Meow
Community living - ditto!

Uptown Mirdiff is great for the hearing impaired.

-
those planes really don't bother me at all...as long as they stay in the air that is...
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Apart from Mirdiff and Garhoud, where else can one live for an easy commute to Festival city.

What about the Lagoons ( i think thats what they are called) or Downtown Dubai or Al Warqaa
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Oud Metha, Healthcare City & Deira.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Downtown Burj Dubai is a relatively easy commute, about 20 minutes...but I doubt there are two beds for 140k (but I may be wrong).
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

For apartments there are a lot around Al Qusais which is the other side of the airport and a bit of a traffic nightmare. Mirdiff and Al Warqa there are blocks of apartments if you look for them.
Slightly further afield but still an easy drive there is lots of stuff at International City Central Business District, or there are new apartments just completed at Silicon Oasis.