Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accomodation headache.

Accomodation headache.

Old Nov 28th 2004, 3:43 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Accomodation headache.

Hi Guys,
Well it looks like i am suffering the same fate as most new-comers to Dubai,
Finding somewhere to stay !

What is it with this place and accomodation !!!!????

There has been an "issue" with the hotel bookings made by my new company, and because of high-season/Rugby, its next to impossible to find anywhere.

Went out for a few drinks with JC and Kristy last night, The Messiah has some leads, but short term villa lets are f**king hideously expensive.

At this moment in time i would be happy to settle to just renting a room til my residency comes through

I have tried the usual methods such as notice boards at Spinneys/Park'n'Shop and of course the Gulf classified.

any help gratefully received !!

oh.........and of course loads of karma bestowed !!
Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:18 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accomodation headache.

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Hi Guys,

There has been an "issue" with the hotel bookings made by my new company, and because of high-season/Rugby, its next to impossible to find anywhere.

Went out for a few drinks with JC and Kristy last night, The Messiah has some leads, but short term villa lets are f**king hideously expensive.

At this moment in time i would be happy to settle to just renting a room til my residency comes through

I have tried the usual methods such as notice boards at Spinneys/Park'n'Shop and of course the Gulf classified.

I wish u luck and all the best for ur accommodation hunting...
Old Dec 1st 2004, 1:46 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

JD - don't give up - u r looking at the second busiest time of the year - everywhere is cocca - the big 5 construction convention and the rugby sevens clog up the whole towm - give it 10 days and things should look rosier - good luck
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:02 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

All sorted.
am quite chuffed, it took 4 days, but i got me an apartment. It will do just fine til i get my residence visa (3 days to go).
I managed to get a 6 month gig, rather than be tied into 1 year, so i can keep my options open.
Not only that, but im right in the middle between Longs Bar and Fibber's..bargain!!
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:16 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

All sorted.
am quite chuffed, it took 4 days, but i got me an apartment. It will do just fine til i get my residence visa (3 days to go).
I managed to get a 6 month gig, rather than be tied into 1 year, so i can keep my options open.
Not only that, but im right in the middle between Longs Bar and Fibber's..bargain!!

Good for you JD...maybe we will meet soon
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:22 am
Up in the air

that would be great, have met up with JC, Kristy,Crying Freeman and face, all great people. Face has been showing me the sights, where to go and where not to go etc.

maybe we can organize another jolly once everyone is around ( i think a few more people are due here early jan?)
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:24 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

that would be great, have met up with JC, Kristy,Crying Freeman and face, all great people. Face has been showing me the sights, where to go and where not to go etc.

maybe we can organize another jolly once everyone is around ( i think a few more people are due here early jan?)
Are there places NOT to go in Dubai?? :scared:
Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Are there places NOT to go in Dubai?? :scared:
Deira and Karama :scared:
Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Deira and Karama :scared:

Oh right will remember that....not that I was planning a trip down there anytime soon....well maybe only to get some shuttlecocks of course

Here we go Novi?????

What's a shuttlecock?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:30 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right will remember that....not that I was planning a trip down there anytime soon....well maybe only to get some shuttlecocks of course

Here we go Novi?????

What's a shuttlecock?
@#$$#$%^^&&*&*((* I do know that bit.... ...........
Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Here we go Novi?????

What's a shuttlecock?
Novi if that last syllable is giving you mental images of what it is, it's nothing like it!!! A shuttlecock is much lighter and more enjoyable
Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:37 am
semarang

Novi if that last syllable is giving you mental images of what it is, it's nothing like it!!! A shuttlecock is much lighter and more enjoyable
I do know what is that.... gggrrrrrr.... hubby is a badminton player....
Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:37 am
Banned

lighter and more enjoyable [/QUOTE]

Left yourself a bit open there DE

Do you play?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lighter and more enjoyable

Do you play?[/QUOTE]

Can't possibly imagine what you're thinking about

Bless, I did in a previous life, do you play?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:54 am
Banned

Do you play?
Can't possibly imagine what you're thinking about

Bless, I did in a previous life, do you play?[/QUOTE]

I run around like a headless chicken...is that the same??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.