Reload this Page >

accomodation in AD: rent vs buy

accomodation in AD: rent vs buy

Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Marco78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default accomodation in AD: rent vs buy

Hi,
as you maybe already knew from a previous post, this august I'm coming to AD and I'm looking for a house (1 bd apartment). As far as I undestand the yearly rental would be around 125k (quite expensive vs. my expectation).
What I'm thinking right now is: what about buying a house instead of renting it? Since I plan to stay in Ad for 4-6 years, I will save a lot of money if the price of the house will not depreciate. What do U think? Which could be the price of a quite nice 1 bd partment in AD?
Ciao
Marco
Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: accomodation in AD: rent vs buy

if you look at other forums and other threads, you will soon realise as an expat you cannot buy houses in the same way as other countries, they have only just opened up this market to expats, and only in certain developments and this is the way it will be, certainly in abu dhabi, more options in dubai, there are no apartments or villas to buy for expats ready for occupation, they have only just started to build so its at least 2 years away, if this was the case dont you think that others would be doing this, but its difficult from all the blurb that you must see, buy this to live in ad, well there is nothing for an expat to buy to live at the moment, yes you can buy stuff off plan but they are in the process of being built, and its not like the rest of the world, a lot of the properties are leasehold and not freehold and they are only now sorting out the legalities of it all, you will understand more when you start living here. also would you want to buy when you see the build quality, the high rises should be better, but have a look, a lot of people are buying for investment, but at the end of the day, some of the properties you wouldnt want to live in, and you will find that may not be what you are after.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for finding our forum!

when I last researched buying off plan in AD, 1 bedroomed Reem Island apartments were going for 3mDHS with completion sheduled 2010. Prices were slightly less out at kalifa City. Prices are going up, and are offered as a price per square footage.

Aside from investment buying off plan in AD (all off AD island), you can of course buy in Dubai and commute. You will save and invest at the same time, although you have a 1 hour minimum commute.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

expats cannot buy at khalifa city, do you mean raha beach development, raha gardens (locals only).