Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation in Doha

Accommodation in Doha

Old Apr 7th 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sav123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation in Doha

Hi all, flew in last monday and am staying in the Sara Towers (work apartment) currently until the end of the month, looking to see if anyone is looking for accommodation in the West Bay / Pearl who would be interested in flat sharing.

As for me, im 27, british male and working for a management consultant in West Bay.

Dunno if i can post the above, but if i can't then mods please delete!

For those that know of any good websites then please let me know, i looked through qatarliving.com but they seem to be everywhere other then West Bay or The Pearl!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation in Doha

Originally Posted by Sav123
Hi all, flew in last monday and am staying in the Sara Towers (work apartment) currently until the end of the month, looking to see if anyone is looking for accommodation in the West Bay / Pearl who would be interested in flat sharing.

As for me, im 27, british male and working for a management consultant in West Bay.

Dunno if i can post the above, but if i can't then mods please delete!

For those that know of any good websites then please let me know, i looked through qatarliving.com but they seem to be everywhere other then West Bay or The Pearl!
try qatarcl. or propertyfinder.qa to get a rough guide on prices in the area you are looking for. Also try and not use an agent if you can. Search for my posts and you will see why i say this

i know there are apartments coming up in ASAS twin towers and there are loads of 1-2 beds up for rent in the pearl
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:18 am
Banned

Devonte is an unknown quantity at this point

Superb post!!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for the links RyanC
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sav123
Cheers for the links RyanC
No probs mate thats what this forum is for

A good bit of advice i recieved is that in Doha its best to live somewhere thats close to where you work. The traffic can be a nightmare and if you work long hours it will weigh on you after a while. Its not like a casual commute back home. You need to stay alert and journeys longer than 30mins will feel like an hour

If you are working in Westbay though an apartment there or the pearl is fine. It takes me roughly 10 mins to get from my apartment to the city centre mall in west bay and thats in traffic.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Yeah westbay is where I currently am and the office is walkable in 10-15mins, and when the weather is unbearable, a taxi is a few minutes... Don't know what the pearl is like, but the 24hour construction in westbay is a nightmare!
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

There is still some construction in the pearl but depending on where you stay i think its hardly noticeable. There is a lot of work going on in at the entrance though as it seems they are fixing the roads.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RyanC
There is a lot of work going on in at the entrance though as it seems they are fixing the roads.
Fixing the roads may be a little understated - they are constructing an 18 lane highway with flyovers, a metro station and the metro Red line from Lusail. I think it may take some time.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

There is still some construction in the pearl but depending on where you stay i think its hardly noticeable. There is a lot of work going on in at the entrance though as it seems they are fixing the roads.
Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
Fixing the roads may be a little understated - they are constructing an 18 lane highway with flyovers, a metro station and the metro Red line from Lusail. I think it may take some time.
Haha wow ok i was way off then.
18 lane highway though??

I must admit the new temp road coming into the pearl(before the laguna mall)from west bay is good fun when its nice and quiet
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:45 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather a dose than live on the Pearl. Soulless and a a big white non alcoholic Elephant, over priced and awful. West bay not quite as bad, just sleep with ear muffs on.

The roads leading to the Pearl are all being closed and re routed and is going to be a nightmare, best avoid, unless you really want a rabbit hutch for 12k a month. Go the other side of town where its 15 minutes to west bay and get double the pad, better local facilities for half the price.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I would rather a dose than live on the Pearl. Soulless and a a big white non alcoholic Elephant, over priced and awful. West bay not quite as bad, just sleep with ear muffs on.

The roads leading to the Pearl are all being closed and re routed and is going to be a nightmare, best avoid, unless you really want a rabbit hutch for 12k a month. Go the other side of town where its 15 minutes to west bay and get double the pad, better local facilities for half the price.
ouch!

Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:07 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

ouch!

Sorry mate, You knew my thoughts on that place! Each to their own and all that. I am still waiting for my invite, or wont I fit in the room at the same time as you
Old Apr 10th 2013, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

I also live in The Pearl but also work in West Bay.

It is expensive, a bit soulless and I know that it's a form of self imprisonment. However, I really like the Marina, access to my Kayak and the beach. Overall, it does feel a bit like a holiday home and Qtel Fibre actually pretty good!
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter where you live in Doha - getting anywhere can take minutes or hours depending on the time of day.

Personally I like West Bay, but then after 10 years in construction the noise doesnt bother me and I can sleep through anything. Its expensive though and I refuse to leave it at night now because it can take me an hour to go 10k.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Sorry mate, You knew my thoughts on that place! Each to their own and all that. I am still waiting for my invite, or wont I fit in the room at the same time as you
Haha no problems mate

Yeah of course you will fit in. We just need to breath in lots as we pass each other in the corridor!

In my defence i work in shitty rigs up to half the year. Bunkbeds,shared rooms and no internet or phones. Ive allways been in the mind that when my trip finishes i walk into my apartment drop my bags on the floor and be happy with where im staying. I got home 2 hours ago from my most recent trip. I walked in,dumped my bags,cracked open a beer,lit a cigar and sat on my balcony watching ferraris whizz past

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.