Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Old Dec 12th 2022, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Getting a Saudi visa is a bit of a dark art. No one quite knows how it's done, but one day it appears. Seems pretty standard from everyone I speak to, and includes my own experience. It's a bit like life in Saudi, things happen but never as you expect.

My advice, don't take it very seriously and always view things through a comedic lense here. Otherwise, you may lose it.
Old Dec 12th 2022, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Howie_tt is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know when the Trojena accomodation will come on line?
Old Dec 12th 2022, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howie_tt
Does anyone know when the Trojena accomodation will come on line?

I heard by Jan 2023
Old Dec 28th 2022, 8:45 am
Just Joined

ManchesterUK is an unknown quantity at this point

New joiner on this thread

I have one question to families that were promised a 1 bedroom cabin once their kids are enrolled to Neom school.

​​​Were these promised honoured and accomodation was provided inline with school enrollment?
I am also in onboarding process and will be travelling with family and was told as long I have school enrollment. But now nearer the time there is no more discussion on accomodation and I don't even know if I am coming alone or with family.

Appreciate if the related people can reply and give their experience

Many thanks
Old Dec 28th 2022, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ManchesterUK
New joiner on this thread

I have one question to families that were promised a 1 bedroom cabin once their kids are enrolled to Neom school.

​​​Were these promised honoured and accomodation was provided inline with school enrollment?
I am also in onboarding process and will be travelling with family and was told as long I have school enrollment. But now nearer the time there is no more discussion on accomodation and I don't even know if I am coming alone or with family.

Appreciate if the related people can reply and give their experience

Many thanks
What stage are you in in the onboarding? I was told I couldn't bring my family until I get there and get an Iqama first. What process will you be using?
Old Dec 28th 2022, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
What stage are you in in the onboarding? I was told I couldn't bring my family until I get there and get an Iqama first. What process will you be using?
Dear Expat KSA,

I am already working in KSA. Me and my family all hold an iqama. We will be transferring my iqama to Neom and as family is already under me so their iqama will remain under my sponsorship

I was just wondering if anyone had an issue with accomodation when they brought their family over? I was told I have to get my kids enrolled and that would assist me in getting 1 bedroom but since the enrollment, no discussion on accomodation.

For two bedroom I am told that there is a very long wait.. Could be 6 months or more and there is no guarantee on time
Old Jan 2nd 2023, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ManchesterUK
Dear Expat KSA,

I am already working in KSA. Me and my family all hold an iqama. We will be transferring my iqama to Neom and as family is already under me so their iqama will remain under my sponsorship

I was just wondering if anyone had an issue with accomodation when they brought their family over? I was told I have to get my kids enrolled and that would assist me in getting 1 bedroom but since the enrollment, no discussion on accomodation.

For two bedroom I am told that there is a very long wait.. Could be 6 months or more and there is no guarantee on time

2 Bedroom units are at least 12 months away. Not 6.

And that is assuming everyone that is already on the list goes in before you, so could be much, much longer than that im afraid.

Old Jan 9th 2023, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pkingston
2 Bedroom units are at least 12 months away. Not 6.

And that is assuming everyone that is already on the list goes in before you, so could be much, much longer than that im afraid.
Thank you for the update... Tbh For two bedroom, I've not even been thinking as the wait is for a year or more (as u mentioned)

I am just worried that the onboarder I totally mentioned to get enrollment for kids and this will help me to get 1 bedroom but so far they don't want to discuss the accomodation until my paperwork is complete. My current apt lease is running out soon and I don't know whether to lease for another year or few months. Hence was asking the group if someone had similar experience related to. School enrollment and housing
Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2023, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am due to fly out to Neom later this week and have been told that I will be accommodated in the hotel in Duba until new units at NC2 become available

Has anyone got any first hand experience of this and, if so, how are they finding the facilities (food / laundry etc) at the hotel

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 13th 2023, 9:53 am
Just Joined

banskoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

You will probably be based in Duba Marsa hotel, which is a nice hotel, the food is better than I expected and there are some amenities like gym and a small outdoor pool. The town itself has nothing to offer.
The main issue with living in Duba is the commute. It is at least one and a half hour away, the traffic is chaotic with construction vehicles, trucks etc comprising most of the traffic. Accidents are often and you might end up doing 3 to 5 hours per day, back and forth.
The good news is that there will be many new cabin in NC2 available soon (under construction as we speak).
Old Jan 16th 2023, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone based in Oxagon camp?
Old Jan 16th 2023, 11:58 am
Just Joined

oudai is an unknown quantity at this point

Dears,
Greetings,
The NEOM Accommodation (1 bedroom) status under the Kissflow system is completed, but I am still determining which community I will be in. I am still waiting for someone from HR or OB team to answer me about the accommodation.
I think I will be in the Duba since they have no room available in NC2, as I have heard.
By the way, I will join them in march.

​​​​​​​
Old Jan 17th 2023, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding Oxagon...
Yes. What's your question?

Last edited by BMH77; Jan 17th 2023 at 7:41 am. Reason: Didn't quote previous post
Old Jan 17th 2023, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the Oxagon camp does the accommodation have a kitchen ; are there any pans or utensils provided ?
Old Jan 17th 2023, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mkm123
In the Oxagon camp does the accommodation have a kitchen ; are there any pans or utensils provided ?
Yes. Kitchen and table with place settings.(2, I think Haven't used more than a glass and a tea cup). Electric stove top. No kettle, but you can get hot water from your water cooler. Also has a few pots and pans, spatula, a few knives and cutting board and a few bowls..
You can get anything they missed from Amazon.sa within a day or two as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.