Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Old Dec 12th 2022, 2:38 am
  #31  
BE Forum Addict
 
Paracletus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,127
Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Getting a Saudi visa is a bit of a dark art. No one quite knows how it's done, but one day it appears. Seems pretty standard from everyone I speak to, and includes my own experience. It's a bit like life in Saudi, things happen but never as you expect.

My advice, don't take it very seriously and always view things through a comedic lense here. Otherwise, you may lose it.
Paracletus is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2022, 4:05 am
  #32  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 6
Howie_tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Does anyone know when the Trojena accomodation will come on line?
Howie_tt is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2022, 10:14 am
  #33  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2022
Posts: 29
Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by Howie_tt
Does anyone know when the Trojena accomodation will come on line?

I heard by Jan 2023
Faridafaris is offline  
Old Dec 27th 2022, 8:45 pm
  #34  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 8
ManchesterUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

New joiner on this thread

I have one question to families that were promised a 1 bedroom cabin once their kids are enrolled to Neom school.

​​​Were these promised honoured and accomodation was provided inline with school enrollment?
I am also in onboarding process and will be travelling with family and was told as long I have school enrollment. But now nearer the time there is no more discussion on accomodation and I don't even know if I am coming alone or with family.

Appreciate if the related people can reply and give their experience

Many thanks
ManchesterUK is offline  
Old Dec 28th 2022, 12:25 am
  #35  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 69
ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by ManchesterUK
New joiner on this thread

I have one question to families that were promised a 1 bedroom cabin once their kids are enrolled to Neom school.

​​​Were these promised honoured and accomodation was provided inline with school enrollment?
I am also in onboarding process and will be travelling with family and was told as long I have school enrollment. But now nearer the time there is no more discussion on accomodation and I don't even know if I am coming alone or with family.

Appreciate if the related people can reply and give their experience

Many thanks
What stage are you in in the onboarding? I was told I couldn't bring my family until I get there and get an Iqama first. What process will you be using?
ExpatKSA is offline  
Old Dec 28th 2022, 7:39 am
  #36  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 8
ManchesterUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
What stage are you in in the onboarding? I was told I couldn't bring my family until I get there and get an Iqama first. What process will you be using?
Dear Expat KSA,

I am already working in KSA. Me and my family all hold an iqama. We will be transferring my iqama to Neom and as family is already under me so their iqama will remain under my sponsorship

I was just wondering if anyone had an issue with accomodation when they brought their family over? I was told I have to get my kids enrolled and that would assist me in getting 1 bedroom but since the enrollment, no discussion on accomodation.

For two bedroom I am told that there is a very long wait.. Could be 6 months or more and there is no guarantee on time
ManchesterUK is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2023, 4:55 pm
  #37  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 215
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by ManchesterUK
Dear Expat KSA,

I am already working in KSA. Me and my family all hold an iqama. We will be transferring my iqama to Neom and as family is already under me so their iqama will remain under my sponsorship

I was just wondering if anyone had an issue with accomodation when they brought their family over? I was told I have to get my kids enrolled and that would assist me in getting 1 bedroom but since the enrollment, no discussion on accomodation.

For two bedroom I am told that there is a very long wait.. Could be 6 months or more and there is no guarantee on time



2 Bedroom units are at least 12 months away. Not 6.

And that is assuming everyone that is already on the list goes in before you, so could be much, much longer than that im afraid.

Pkingston is offline  
Old Jan 9th 2023, 7:27 am
  #38  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 8
ManchesterUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by Pkingston
2 Bedroom units are at least 12 months away. Not 6.

And that is assuming everyone that is already on the list goes in before you, so could be much, much longer than that im afraid.
Thank you for the update... Tbh For two bedroom, I've not even been thinking as the wait is for a year or more (as u mentioned)

I am just worried that the onboarder I totally mentioned to get enrollment for kids and this will help me to get 1 bedroom but so far they don't want to discuss the accomodation until my paperwork is complete. My current apt lease is running out soon and I don't know whether to lease for another year or few months. Hence was asking the group if someone had similar experience related to. School enrollment and housing
Thanks
ManchesterUK is offline  
Old Jan 9th 2023, 9:08 pm
  #39  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 18
Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

I am due to fly out to Neom later this week and have been told that I will be accommodated in the hotel in Duba until new units at NC2 become available

Has anyone got any first hand experience of this and, if so, how are they finding the facilities (food / laundry etc) at the hotel

Thanks in advance
Antony92 is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2023, 9:53 pm
  #40  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 17
banskoboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

You will probably be based in Duba Marsa hotel, which is a nice hotel, the food is better than I expected and there are some amenities like gym and a small outdoor pool. The town itself has nothing to offer.
The main issue with living in Duba is the commute. It is at least one and a half hour away, the traffic is chaotic with construction vehicles, trucks etc comprising most of the traffic. Accidents are often and you might end up doing 3 to 5 hours per day, back and forth.
The good news is that there will be many new cabin in NC2 available soon (under construction as we speak).
banskoboy is offline  
Old Jan 15th 2023, 11:41 pm
  #41  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 36
Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Anyone based in Oxagon camp?
Mkm123 is offline  
Old Jan 15th 2023, 11:58 pm
  #42  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 8
oudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Dears,
Greetings,
The NEOM Accommodation (1 bedroom) status under the Kissflow system is completed, but I am still determining which community I will be in. I am still waiting for someone from HR or OB team to answer me about the accommodation.
I think I will be in the Duba since they have no room available in NC2, as I have heard.
By the way, I will join them in march.





​​​​​​​
oudai is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2023, 7:38 pm
  #43  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 183
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Regarding Oxagon...
Yes. What's your question?

Last edited by BMH77; Jan 16th 2023 at 7:41 pm. Reason: Didn't quote previous post
BMH77 is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2023, 7:43 pm
  #44  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 36
Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

In the Oxagon camp does the accommodation have a kitchen ; are there any pans or utensils provided ?
Mkm123 is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2023, 7:58 pm
  #45  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 183
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by Mkm123
In the Oxagon camp does the accommodation have a kitchen ; are there any pans or utensils provided ?
Yes. Kitchen and table with place settings.(2, I think Haven't used more than a glass and a tea cup). Electric stove top. No kettle, but you can get hot water from your water cooler. Also has a few pots and pans, spatula, a few knives and cutting board and a few bowls..
You can get anything they missed from Amazon.sa within a day or two as well.
BMH77 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.