Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Abu Dhabi

Accommodation Abu Dhabi

Old May 18th 2010, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

redf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation Abu Dhabi

Any suggestions on accomdation in Abu Dhabi for a family with a 1 year old child?

Our lifestyle is such that having a pool (esp baby) would be a bonus. Hopefully a playground as well (within 5-15min walk) Actually a playground is essential but I realise that it may not be the norm in Abu Dhabi to have this . I like running so somewhere in which I could run 1.5km - 2.5km 3x a week would be good too. We alos like the idea of being able to stroll along the streets (when the weather allows it of course!) and have corner shops at our disposal.

We've looked at the golf resorts. The only issue with that is that it is too far away and I don't feel to comfortable driving (not driven in 12 years ! - though I realise I will have to relearn). The other issue with it is that the front and back yard was not suitable for putting up a simple slide/ home playground as the garden consisted of narrow planter box type spaces.

All suggestions welcome. thanks

Last edited by redf; May 18th 2010 at 2:01 pm. Reason: .
Old May 18th 2010, 2:10 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by redf
Any suggestions on accomdation in Abu Dhabi for a family with a 1 year old child?

Our lifestyle is such that having a pool (esp baby) would be a bonus. Hopefully a playground as well (within 5-15min walk) Actually a playground is essential but I realise that it may not be the norm in Abu Dhabi to have this . I like running so somewhere in which I could run 1.5km - 2.5km 3x a week would be good too. We alos like the idea of being able to stroll along the streets (when the weather allows it of course!) and have corner shops at our disposal.

We've looked at the golf resorts. The only issue with that is that it is too far away and I don't feel to comfortable driving (not driven in 12 years ! - though I realise I will have to relearn). The other issue with it is that the front and back yard was not suitable for putting up a simple slide/ home playground as the garden consisted of narrow planter box type spaces.

budget?
Old May 18th 2010, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

the golf resorts, where do you mean, the only golf resort that has houses on it, and i mean, they dug it up to build them, is golf gardens.
Old May 18th 2010, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Khalidiya would be nice, close to the Corniche for a run, parks for the kid(s), but you need to define budget - prices are high in Abu Dhabi . Oh and not sure if I would want to re-learn how to drive in the UAE, it has one of the highest road deaths in the world!
Old May 19th 2010, 7:34 am
Just Joined

yes it is the golf gardens, near the grand mosque.

budget given is 280K AED.

Yes was thinking of driving... seemed alright, not as bad as KL or bangkok??? But as minimal driving as is possible!
Old May 19th 2010, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is the golf gardens, near the grand mosque.

budget given is 280K AED.

Yes was thinking of driving... seemed alright, not as bad as KL or bangkok??? But as minimal driving as is possible!
golf gardens are nice, i would go with them.
Old May 19th 2010, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

You can get a nice 2/3 bed with facilites, near the corniche for 250k. Mate of mine is pissed as there is a two bed in the building next to hers at 180k and it's got a pool. They're on 30th and 7th, near the corniche.

Personally, i wouldn't live off island if i could help it, especially if i didn't drive. You can certainly wonder around in town and there is alot on your doorstep.

The driving here is very similar to KL, but the jams don't seem quite as bad, never driven in BKK so can't comment, BUT there are some drivers who also drive crazily and with impunity so are more dangerous than usual.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

golf gardens are nice, i would go with them.
Not for someone who wants to do as little driving as possible.

Khalidiya, Karama, Bateen should all suit your needs.
Old May 20th 2010, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

thanks will have a look at them when we move there in aug