Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Old May 21st 2009, 9:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
Um yes, dont think there will be a lot of people leaving
not from AD, well not as many as are leaving from Dubai.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes there will, apparently one of the removal companies is booked out over summer months just to repatriate families of one company, but obviously nothing compared to dxb but its happening here as well plus there is a lot of new stuff to come on line, mushif compound, al reef, new compounds along east coast road, 19th/30th and a lot in kca, there is a lot of signs up and about which didnt really happen sooner they will realise to lower the price and they will get people in and of course the massives in ARG.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes there will, apparently one of the removal companies is booked out over summer months just to repatriate families of one company, but obviously nothing compared to dxb but its happening here as well plus there is a lot of new stuff to come on line, mushif compound, al reef, new compounds along east coast road, 19th/30th and a lot in kca, there is a lot of signs up and about which didnt really happen sooner they will realise to lower the price and they will get people in and of course the massives in ARG.
I just called a Company to move us next week, he asked me which day would I prefer, end of July will be the worst. Apparently 50,000 one way tickets are booked out of here, I read that on EW so it may well not be true
Old May 21st 2009, 5:30 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

The removal companies may also be busy of course with people now having the ability to upgrade?? Just because people are moving house, does not mean that they are leaving town..

There may be people with family who could only afford an apartment in town and can now afford a 4 bed in ARG for less? (Just a randon example)

Maybe not in ad to the same extent as Dubai, but it is going on..

The removal van may be only going 30Kilometers..
Old May 21st 2009, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes there is that as well, like us 5 mins down the road, although am hearing that a lot are moving out of ARG to KCA, oh know, the rubbish pit that you say it is C.
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
The removal companies may also be busy of course with people now having the ability to upgrade?? Just because people are moving house, does not mean that they are leaving town..

There may be people with family who could only afford an apartment in town and can now afford a 4 bed in ARG for less? (Just a randon example)

Well if that's the case the rents on island should drop a bit - let's hope so as a friend of ours with 2 kids has just accepted an offer from a Company who says it's possible to get a 2 - 3 bed on island for 180 although they won't provide the accomodation! - we have advised him against it so let's wait and see......
Old May 22nd 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soukie
Well if that's the case the rents on island should drop a bit - let's hope so as a friend of ours with 2 kids has just accepted an offer from a Company who says it's possible to get a 2 - 3 bed on island for 180 although they won't provide the accomodation! - we have advised him against it so let's wait and see......
Well he's a nutter in that case .......... NO WAY in hell will he find a 3 bed on island in AD for 180K. Not even in a compound off island are the rents that low! Unless - if he's lucky - he can get one of the oldest villas with the window unit a/c's that I wouldn't keep my dogs in !!

Most companies do NOT provide accommodation - they just give you an allowance so as in our case, we had to fork out 55,000 the first year we lived in KCA; following year it went up by 7% but the company was new and it covered that for us.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

no doubt people are leaving, but its summer, removal companies are always busy in the summer, just sick of hearing this crap about it being a mass exodus, and the house prices will fall massively, just not the case,
Old May 24th 2009, 4:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
no doubt people are leaving, but its summer, removal companies are always busy in the summer, just sick of hearing this crap about it being a mass exodus, and the house prices will fall massively, just not the case,
but if BB2 says it is then its gospel
Old May 24th 2009, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I'm with you Anna/Grace.
Yes some people will be leaving, yes prices will fall - I bloody well hope so - but not to the point that AD is going to be empty and rents are back to being reasonable. There will probably just be a bit more availability and a few K cheaper.
Old May 24th 2009, 8:32 am
banned

Originally Posted by hawkhead
I'm with you Anna/Grace.
Yes some people will be leaving, yes prices will fall - I bloody well hope so - but not to the point that AD is going to be empty and rents are back to being reasonable. There will probably just be a bit more availability and a few K cheaper.
agree
Old May 24th 2009, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

but if BB2 says it is then its gospel
of course.

guess what people are moving out of ARG because they can get a better property and a pool in KCA, oh no commander what are they like?
Old May 24th 2009, 11:20 am
banned

Busybee I couldn't give a toss..none of it comes close to mangrove anyway..

So keep your KCA shanty town as far as I'm concerned. Its a shithole that is now an affordable shithole with a pool..you'll still have labour camps next door lol..
Old May 25th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Busybee I couldn't give a toss..none of it comes close to mangrove anyway..

So keep your KCA shanty town as far as I'm concerned. Its a shithole that is now an affordable shithole with a pool..you'll still have labour camps next door lol..
There are now Labour Camps in KCA

There weren't any when I was there ........... mind you, when I was there, there was nothing the first year and a half and then the pink shops sprouted!! Good fruit and veg though and only 5 mins drive !!

All I miss from there is my house - boo hoo; I miss a big studio and lotsa lotsa space!
Old May 25th 2009, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
There are now Labour Camps in KCA

There weren't any when I was there ........... mind you, when I was there, there was nothing the first year and a half and then the pink shops sprouted!! Good fruit and veg though and only 5 mins drive !!

All I miss from there is my house - boo hoo; I miss a big studio and lotsa lotsa space!
oooh sg, yes there were labour camps there when you lived there, but you were lucky they werent living next door to you, just your "nice" landlord(s)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.