British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Accommodation in Abu Dhabi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/accommodation-abu-dhabi-607723/)

MeinMel May 7th 2009 1:26 pm

Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Guys, I live in Dubai, however there is a possibility I may be offered a job in Abu Dhabi... I am not sure where to find any posts on shared accommodation with western Expats online.

Any idea in regards to cost? I would not really like to drive from DXB to AD everyday.

Cheers

busybee2 May 7th 2009 3:19 pm

Re: Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

whats your budget as rents here are still stupid and a lot of peeps are commuting up and down the road....

MeinMel May 7th 2009 3:42 pm

Would not wanna pay more than 4K right now....else I may as well drive everyday...

busybee2 May 7th 2009 3:59 pm

well think that you may be driving up and down the road.

Foxes May 7th 2009 6:08 pm

stay in dubai for the cheaper rent and investigate the possiblity of hiring a driver for the money you are saving in rent to do the drive for you...lots of folk are doing that and taking advantage of the lower rents in dubai....

Eva May 7th 2009 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dubaiboy (Post 7549860)
Would not wanna pay more than 4K right now....else I may as well drive everyday...

You wouldn't even get accommodation in a Labour Camp for that pcm.
Looking at stuff today,it seems companies are paying @4,600 per capita for
a squad in a 60 bed unit Mussafah & MBZ.
Rents aren't tumbling yet in AD,except perhaps Jericho Walls aka Al Raha Gardens but reality check-they could really only go one way ...

I am sure he won't mind me suggesting you pm him.
Paul Eric has been actively seeking similar......maybe you two could share the chores-seriously. Good luck.

Marco78 May 8th 2009 9:07 am

I am sharing a big apartment in the Tourist Clum Area, for a big single room with balcony I'm paying 4k per month (monthly payments...)

TGFKASE May 8th 2009 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Marco78 (Post 7552258)
I am sharing a big apartment in the Tourist Clum Area, for a big single room with balcony I'm paying 4k per month (monthly payments...)

Is that half Club, half Slum????

busybee2 May 8th 2009 3:46 pm

:rofl: but a nitemare in that area with all the roadworks :frown:

soukie May 20th 2009 4:34 pm

Ok what's the latest on Abu Dhabi rentals - are prices really coming down or does this only apply to Al Raha Gardens?

Eva May 20th 2009 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7589398)
Ok what's the latest on Abu Dhabi rentals - are prices really coming down or does this only apply to Al Raha Gardens?

The large villas at Marina Mall are down from over 1mil to @ 700,000k allegedly-still commercial though.

I think this is pretty sound-http:www.ameinfo.com/193142.html
although I believe since report was published there has been a reduction in the number of hotel rooms required by 2010(or was it 2012-oh well you can read it here anyway)

niddy May 21st 2009 6:30 am

AD rentals are still very high. Only things that have come down are the villas off-island that were at super ridiculous prices and are now at still ridiculous prices

busybee2 May 21st 2009 7:12 am

but there is loads of stuff going to come onto the market after the schools break up and that will defo help matters.

hawkhead May 21st 2009 9:08 am

but there is loads of stuff going to come onto the market after the schools break up and that will defo help matters.
We'll see.......

Grace O Malley May 21st 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by hawkhead (Post 7591518)
We'll see.......

Um yes, dont think there will be a lot of people leaving