Accommodation

Old May 29th 2006, 10:40 am
Just Joined

T Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant future
Default Accommodation

Can anyone suggest good temporary accommodation in Dubai? I will be taking up my new position on June11th and i require something good but not too exhorbitant close to Media City. My partner will join me end August by which time i will have a pretty good idea of where 7 how to live.

Thanks for the help

T
Old May 29th 2006, 2:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation

in the faq's there's some links to places...well it's a start...and also there's links to the papers to do a search

welcome to the site btw
Old May 29th 2006, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

T Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant futureT Franklin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bob
in the faq's there's some links to places...well it's a start...and also there's links to the papers to do a search

welcome to the site btw
Thanks Bob- noticed that after the fact & have contacted them already.
But you know somethimes it helps to get a referral. I lived in HK for about 16 years & i am thinking that there will be a similar sort of comaradarie amongst the expats in Dubai.

T
Old May 29th 2006, 5:30 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by T Franklin
Thanks Bob- noticed that after the fact & have contacted them already.
But you know somethimes it helps to get a referral. I lived in HK for about 16 years & i am thinking that there will be a similar sort of comaradarie amongst the expats in Dubai.

T
none whatsoever,
Old May 30th 2006, 5:25 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.selfcateringdubai.com also contact real estate agents (Better Homes is a good one) and they will be able to assist you.

Welcome to the site
Old May 30th 2006, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Ashley is just really niceAshley is just really niceAshley is just really niceAshley is just really niceAshley is just really niceAshley is just really niceAshley is just really niceAshley is just really niceAshley is just really nice

Can anyone suggest good temporary accommodation in Dubai? I will be taking up my new position on June11th and i require something good but not too exhorbitant close to Media City. My partner will join me end August by which time i will have a pretty good idea of where 7 how to live.

Thanks for the help

T
Mr Franklin,

I have serveral excellent corporate rates for short term accomodation in Dubai. I have sent you a private message and i look forward to hearing from you soon.

kindest regards

Ashley

[email protected]
Old May 30th 2006, 11:04 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the help

T
I see in your post you said you and your partner.
Please be aware that some people can get funny about unmarried couples living together, as i believe this is illegal.
Old May 30th 2006, 11:30 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I see in your post you said you and your partner.
Please be aware that some people can get funny about unmarried couples living together, as i believe this is illegal.
Have you heard of this really being enforced? I know it is illegal, but obviously a lot of people do it - I've not heard of any hassles in this respect.

Now if it happens to be Mr Franklin and his Mr Partner - that would certainly be something to keep quiet about...
Old May 30th 2006, 11:41 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Have you heard of this really being enforced? I know it is illegal, but obviously a lot of people do it - I've not heard of any hassles in this respect.

Now if it happens to be Mr Franklin and his Mr Partner - that would certainly be something to keep quiet about...
LOL....indeed!

I have known it to happen in the apts on SZR. There was a party in one of the blocks (Zabeel Tower) and the police got called. The blocks are owned by locals, and after that a note was put through everyones door saying they were going to check.

Also i have heard stories that where as before landlords did not mind about co-habiting, they have been using it as an excuse to get out tenants who have been there a while and get new people in and enjoy the current increase in rental costs!

As the the amount of truth in this i do not know, but thats all i have heard.
Old May 30th 2006, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

miss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud of

Thanks for the help

T
ta5 is from the states (from what i can gather) and apparently never made the effort to bond with other expats! so ignore him! there are a lot of people who have been here a while and you can find that 'expat communtity' (hk/old dubai) if that's what you're looking for.

jammy dodgers (from the sounds of things) is desperately trying to get back to the middle east and likes to scare people! in all my years in the middle east i have never heard of couples 'not living together' for the sake of the law! - and on that note... if anyone here has any horror stories about couples living together in dubai i think we'd all like to hear! :scared:
Old May 31st 2006, 5:46 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

From what I know, you have to be extremely unlucky to get caught out with this.

Only heard of it happening once, don't know how reliable it is but was told an Emirates lass returned from long haul trip to find her boyfriend had been murdered in their flat, police arrested her on suspicion of doing it but they proved she was out of country.
I was told she was still deported for living with him (as I say, I'm not sure if this is truth or one of the myths that gets passed around here).
Old May 31st 2006, 9:22 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by miss behave
ta5 is from the states (from what i can gather) and apparently never made the effort to bond with other expats! so ignore him! there are a lot of people who have been here a while and you can find that 'expat communtity' (hk/old dubai) if that's what you're looking for.

jammy dodgers (from the sounds of things) is desperately trying to get back to the middle east and likes to scare people! in all my years in the middle east i have never heard of couples 'not living together' for the sake of the law! - and on that note... if anyone here has any horror stories about couples living together in dubai i think we'd all like to hear! :scared:
Miss Behave, I have spent many many years in the Middle East, and as i have stated in my post:
"As the the amount of truth in this i do not know, but thats all i have heard."

I have merely said that under the law, it is not allowed. If he chooses to flout it then fine, as you said...most people do. I am just posting a fact for him to either adhere or ignore. As for me trying to scare people...stop being a drama queen.

As to your comment "JD is desperately trying to get back", everyone is entitled to their own opinion, please dont pretend to know me or anything about me...luckily your point of view counts for s#it as far as im concerned.
Old May 31st 2006, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

miss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
everyone is entitled to their own opinion, luckily your point of view counts for s#it as far as im concerned.
so everyone's entitled to their own opinion apart from me - sorry, seen some of your previous posts and although i don't know you in person i feel that my post was fairly correct - no?
Old May 31st 2006, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
From what I know, you have to be extremely unlucky to get caught out with this.

Only heard of it happening once, don't know how reliable it is but was told an Emirates lass returned from long haul trip to find her boyfriend had been murdered in their flat, police arrested her on suspicion of doing it but they proved she was out of country.
I was told she was still deported for living with him (as I say, I'm not sure if this is truth or one of the myths that gets passed around here).
If she was in a company flat this would be impossible (guests have to sign in and aren't allowed to stay overnight). Could just about believe it if it wasn't company provided but still sounds like an urban myth to me.
Old May 31st 2006, 11:17 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
If she was in a company flat this would be impossible (guests have to sign in and aren't allowed to stay overnight). Could just about believe it if it wasn't company provided but still sounds like an urban myth to me.
I've been to a few Emirates flats, never been signed in. Also have a friend who spends most nights at his girlfriends flat (Emirates).

I guess it depends on the security, but they seem very relaxed whenever I've gone in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.