Accommodation

Old Mar 18th 2006, 11:21 am
Just Joined

conrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation

I'm going to pass through Dubai for a few days next week - can anyone recommend an inexpensive hotel?
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:28 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation

Originally Posted by conrad
I'm going to pass through Dubai for a few days next week - can anyone recommend an inexpensive hotel?
Try the Ibis next to the trade centre - i think you can book online. pretty cheap compared to the rest. don't go for dirty cheap deira or bur dubai because they will be. dirt that is...
Old Mar 19th 2006, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

conrad is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that.
I just tried it, but nothing available, Is this a crowded time of year for hotels?
If you know of anything else good value....?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Try the Ibis next to the trade centre - i think you can book online. pretty cheap compared to the rest. don't go for dirty cheap deira or bur dubai because they will be. dirt that is...

I used to live in Dubai and am passing through in the summer, thought I would give the Ibis a go, do you know anyone who's stayed at the Ibis, is it OK ?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:39 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbryant
I used to live in Dubai and am passing through in the summer, thought I would give the Ibis a go, do you know anyone who's stayed at the Ibis, is it OK ?
I stayed there several times. When I moved out I had to hotel hop for a while. During DSF. This involved getting up in the morning at a hotel. Check out and leave my bags there. Go to work for a full day. Come back and collect bags. Get taxi to next hotel and check in.

Repeat for 10 days.

I stayed in several sh*t holes like Peninsula in Bur Dubai. Ibis was nice, Novotel better but about twice the price.

Honestly - for a budget end hotel, in my experience, the Ibis is the best around. You can also use the Novotel pool if you stay in the Ibis....

Other options... not tried the Chelsea, it could be ok? Rotana's?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

I stayed there several times. When I moved out I had to hotel hop for a while. During DSF. This involved getting up in the morning at a hotel. Check out and leave my bags there. Go to work for a full day. Come back and collect bags. Get taxi to next hotel and check in.

Repeat for 10 days.

I stayed in several sh*t holes like Peninsula in Bur Dubai. Ibis was nice, Novotel better but about twice the price.

Honestly - for a budget end hotel, in my experience, the Ibis is the best around. You can also use the Novotel pool if you stay in the Ibis....

Ooh was wondering about the pool thing actually, glad about that Thanks very much for your reply.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 10:07 am
Just Joined

James_Bie has a brilliant futureJames_Bie has a brilliant futureJames_Bie has a brilliant futureJames_Bie has a brilliant futureJames_Bie has a brilliant futureJames_Bie has a brilliant futureJames_Bie has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Accommodation

Repeat for 10 days.

Was the pool dirty?......
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:35 pm