Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi working visa - diploma/degree

Abu Dhabi working visa - diploma/degree

Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

ellakendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi working visa - diploma/degree

Hi everyone,

My husband was offered a job in Abu Dhabi. The interview went ok and the company really want him. But he was told that because he has no degree MBA/BA, etc it will be difficult to obtain a working visa that allows family to join him as well. He works as a project manager with only a Diploma but lots of other courses and 20 years experience.
I refuse to believe that wife and kid can't join him although he has a top job but not a degree.

Did a bit of reading on this forum and I believe his offer package of 59,000/month is not that bad but again I don't know all the costs.
Could anyone advise that after receiving a manager job your visa won't allow you to bring familly over only because your qualification is not based on a top degree?
Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2011, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi working visa - diploma/degree

Originally Posted by ellakendo
Hi everyone,

My husband was offered a job in Abu Dhabi. The interview went ok and the company really want him. But he was told that because he has no degree MBA/BA, etc it will be difficult to obtain a working visa that allows family to join him as well. He works as a project manager with only a Diploma but lots of other courses and 20 years experience.
I refuse to believe that wife and kid can't join him although he has a top job but not a degree.

Did a bit of reading on this forum and I believe his offer package of 59,000/month is not that bad but again I don't know all the costs.
Could anyone advise that after receiving a manager job your visa won't allow you to bring familly over only because your qualification is not based on a top degree?
Thanks
yes they do prefer to have degrees here they have to tick their boxes. it may seem silly to someone who doesnt live here, they even refuse people if they have masters degrees ie more than a normal one because if they have a box that says ceng or something along those lines, anybody with a diploma or a masters they cannot work for them as they cannot tick the box,silly, but thats the way it works 99.9% of the time. 59k is very good.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

MrExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I just registered so that I could answer your question, as it seems you have been advised wrongly. There is no reason why you cannot join your husband here if he does not have a degree - yes, qualifications are much preferred (and over-rated and overvalued if you ask me!) but they also want and need experienced professionals as well.

How do I know? I am in exactly the same position - I have a good job and have been out here in Abu Dhabi 3 years - I have no Degree or university education, but I was hired for my experience - and I brought my family out with me!

Good luck
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect they must have fiddled something or used some wasta to get the visa through though MrExpat?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ellakendo
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Same with me! - Post Graduate Diploma is my Highest Qualification (And A5 Size) But they still want to see a Degree Certificate. I know of people with an HNC/HND who have managed to defeat the system. This could be a matter of 'Wasta' as mentioned earlier.

Remember MBA = Means Buggar All!