Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Tansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to all
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

ps 'All the guys had been brought in and told to expect termination of contracts at the end of January. That weren't a rumour, that were fact. That is bollox. Needs to be edited to say 'all the guys were brought in and told that the first stage of the consultation process would start at the end of Jan' That is such a BB2 post!!!
Again be careful what you write.....
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:43 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tansy
ps 'All the guys had been brought in and told to expect termination of contracts at the end of January. That weren't a rumour, that were fact. That is bollox. Needs to be edited to say 'all the guys were brought in and told that the first stage of the consultation process would start at the end of Jan' That is such a BB2 post!!!
well pointed out. The use of the word ALL indicates that all the management were called in and informed of the situation. It could also of course infer that all the guys were informed of the situation and are getting pumped.

either that or you are highlighting BC's shocking use of the word 'weren't'
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tansy
Yes - this is true - it was the first stage of the consultation and a list is being drawn up of essentials and non essentials so unfortunately there will be some termination of contracts but as you point out it's not the whole of LOR as the work is still going ahead. I just feel sorry for the guys and their families if they are in the area of work which is being slowed down. The whole thing seems to have been exagerated by some so called Professor of UAE Construction (who can that be?) and it's suddenly become thousands.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
well pointed out. The use of the word ALL indicates that all the management were called in and informed of the situation. It could also of course infer that all the guys were informed of the situation and are getting pumped.

either that or you are highlighting BC's shocking use of the word 'weren't'
- sorry

yes that is what I was led to believe, the guys were informed of the situation that they were to be relieved of their duties in the New Year. They were being give a bit of 'notice'.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
Yes - this is true - it was the first stage of the consultation and a list is being drawn up of essentials and non essentials so unfortunately there will be some termination of contracts but as you point out it's not the whole of LOR as the work is still going ahead. I just feel sorry for the guys and their families if they are in the area of work which is being slowed down. The whole thing seems to have been exagerated by some so called Professor of UAE Construction (who can that be?) and it's suddenly become thousands.
I think in total there will be thousands of people losing their positions in AD. Just remember that those of Asian persuasion are actually 'people'.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think in total there will be thousands of people losing their positions in AD. Just remember that those of Asian persuasion are actually 'people'.
Wasn't aware that I excluded "those of Asian persuasion" - I don't feel the need to differentiate.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:14 am
Concierge

Wasn't aware that I excluded "those of Asian persuasion" - I don't feel the need to differentiate.
I just get the feeling that yourself and Tansy are referring to Management positions not positions across the board, in all industries.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they were referring to western supervisor/manager level.

Oh and ozzies
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

I was just referring to the LOR issue which has been raised! You now seem to be implying that people of "Asian persuasion" cannot be in Management positions????!!!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:24 am
Concierge

I was just referring to the LOR issue which has been raised! You now seem to be implying that people of "Asian persuasion" cannot be in Management positions????!!!
get over yourself ! don't try and pull the racist thing on me! I am politely trying to let you know that it is not only management who can be made redundant. Jesus
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:03 am
banned

to be fair in general they cant..

(tin hat on)
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
to be fair in general they cant..

(tin hat on)
your brave Commander
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I know nothing about AD and the Construction Industry at all. But when Atilla lost his job one of the first people I rang was a pal who I have had here for the last 15 years. He is a real rock in my life and the only man I really talk to about from Atilla when I need proper advice. He is with LOR and he told me that there are pay offs. All the guys had been brought in and told to expect termination of contracts at the end of January. That weren't a rumour, that were fact. I hope and pray none of you are affected in this recession, it is not a nice feeling at all.
see bc knows the same as me and we dont gossip fact: a family at LOR was brought in to work back in feb, its very urgent we need you now, he comes over staight away, the wife comes over after summer, set up with cars/accommodation/etc etc and then a couple of months ago, given notice. FACT

but i can tell you more, but cant be bothered
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:57 am
banned

Originally Posted by busybee2
see bc knows the same as me and we dont gossip fact: a family at LOR was brought in to work back in feb, its very urgent we need you now, he comes over staight away, the wife comes over after summer, set up with cars/accommodation/etc etc and then a couple of months ago, given notice. FACT

but i can tell you more, but cant be bothered
Ohh go on i'm on tenderhooks....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.