Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi paid parking

Abu Dhabi paid parking

Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Abu Dhabi paid parking

To my horror they have painted the curbs of the car park at the Corniche Sheration blue & black - this is where I street park my second car.

Now, this is probably an 8-10min walk from my flat... so my questions are: do/ can I qualify for being able to buy an annual ticket? If so, where do I buy it?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi paid parking

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
To my horror they have painted the curbs of the car park at the Corniche Sheration blue & black - this is where I street park my second car.

Now, this is probably an 8-10min walk from my flat... so my questions are: do/ can I qualify for being able to buy an annual ticket? If so, where do I buy it?
i dont think you will qualify being that far away, but if you go to their office on hamden you can ask them, opp sun and sand cant miss it, turquoise colour signage.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not. Nobody lives at the Sheraton so they won't issue any residents' permits for that bit.

And last time I was at that office, they had no application forms, they dodn't knwo how many spaces were going to be in their scheme, and didn't know how many permits were going to be issued.

Good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Bang goes our nights out at the Sheraton then - we usually take one car into town as it's sometimes difficult to get taxis from our side of town and then we park the car overnight at this car park and get a taxi back home. We return the next morning in the other car to collect our parked car.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

The entitlement depends on whether the parking area is in the same "sector" as where you live. As there are no maps showing the sectors, its probably best to pop in to the Mawaqif (www.mawaqif.ae) office on Hamdan Street (Al Ain Tower, opposite Sun and Sand Sport, nr Salam Street) or call.

As a point of irony, the parking is non existent around the office so be prepared to drive around for a while or park it like you stole it. Double irony is that there has been a car with a dust cover parked just outside the office that hasn't moved for two years but that's another story.

Btw, the paid parking will come to all of the Corniche car parks from Chamber of Commerce to Sheraton this month. The parking outside the Ally Pally hotel area looks like premium parking, max stay 4 hours. Bah humbug.