Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ABU DHABI - Off island

ABU DHABI - Off island

Old Dec 24th 2007, 9:55 am
Just Joined

theboro will become famous soon enough
Default ABU DHABI - Off island

Hi..... Moving to AD in Feb, excepted the job back in September and it would seem rent has gone up somewhat!! Going to live off island as job will mean a fair amount of travel (KSA and Oman) so keeping the airport near is useful.

Couple of questions - Khalifia A and B, is ok to rent? (understand its a work in progress) its only me,the Mrs and the dog so a small villa 200,000??

Who serves the best beer in town!?

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 24th 2007, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ABU DHABI - Off island

Hi El-Boro, welcome to the UAE!

The best person to ask about Khalifa is Eva, I believe she lives there... I've heard good things from people about off-island living.

Best beer in town? Do you mean lager or real ale? The Tavern at the Sheraton is a nice Brit-style pub. If you like continental ales, then the Brauhaus at the Beach Rotana is a good bet.

Merry X-mas, and good luck with your move.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 5:49 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Hi El-Boro, welcome to the UAE!

The best person to ask about Khalifa is Eva, I believe she lives there... I've heard good things from people about off-island living.

Best beer in town? Do you mean lager or real ale? The Tavern at the Sheraton is a nice Brit-style pub. If you like continental ales, then the Brauhaus at the Beach Rotana is a good bet.

Merry X-mas, and good luck with your move.
Eva here, 'Care in the Community' member of BEME.
Bit Mozart so this may well be a coherent post!

Hola El Boro-I'm sure you are not though an El Boro.Betchya you are El Interesanto.
Pity though if de facto, you are un poco El Boro; 'cause you just a momento late- o for El Polo Boro.

Shakin I live behind a green door near 19th/24th-on island.

I have friends who live in KCA & KCB.
Yes both are 'works in progress' KCA a little more habile than KCB though still without sidewalks, medic centres and Newton &Ridley.
Seriously though,what about your good lady-are you going to buy her a car? -no public transport other than inconsistent taxi service which has just doubled in price.So to get to work on island? vets for el mutto? supermecado? pubo or clubbo ....without a car your on to el plummo.

KCB is further out and all the Etihad housing is there.It is quite appropo that an airline has chosen this area -as .......know that wee Thunderbirds Tracey Island thingy? where Thunderbirds 3 (red one) blasts out of a kinda rocky landscape? (Yes Lady Penelope)...well that could be a part of KCB.....You might even find Neil and Buzz whacking a few practice shots in the back garden...

200K will get you a semi. in KCA and a villa in KCB.Don't try and secure s'thing before Feb.You really need to be here to find and secure a lease.Lots of people go home in Dec and don't come back(w.o notification), so should be a few up for grabs.....

Think you better out in KCA with Scooby Doo.You will know that dogs aren't our hosts' preferred choice of pet-Russian girls...sorry Falcons are revered here and dogs and cats frowned upon.Many Landlords not happy to let where pets are part of the family-though this is changing=.
So, go on to Aldar.com and search for rentals at Raha Gardens(KCA); Futureview Property and Aztec also......Never pay a viewing fee and know 5% is the minimum(now) commission of annual rent you will pay to Agent if you retain one.
Will get back to you with a couple of local numbers for people handling property in KCA.

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Eva.

Jingle bells Santa smells the reindeer ran away.....
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:37 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eva
Eva here, 'Care in the Community' member of BEME.
Bit Mozart so this may well be a coherent post!

Hola El Boro-I'm sure you are not though an El Boro.Betchya you are El Interesanto.
Pity though if de facto, you are un poco El Boro; 'cause you just a momento late- o for El Polo Boro.

Shakin I live behind a green door near 19th/24th-on island.

I have friends who live in KCA & KCB.
Yes both are 'works in progress' KCA a little more habile than KCB though still without sidewalks, medic centres and Newton &Ridley.
Seriously though,what about your good lady-are you going to buy her a car? -no public transport other than inconsistent taxi service which has just doubled in price.So to get to work on island? vets for el mutto? supermecado? pubo or clubbo ....without a car your on to el plummo.

KCB is further out and all the Etihad housing is there.It is quite appropo that an airline has chosen this area -as .......know that wee Thunderbirds Tracey Island thingy? where Thunderbirds 3 (red one) blasts out of a kinda rocky landscape? (Yes Lady Penelope)...well that could be a part of KCB.....You might even find Neil and Buzz whacking a few practice shots in the back garden...

200K will get you a semi. in KCA and a villa in KCB.Don't try and secure s'thing before Feb.You really need to be here to find and secure a lease.Lots of people go home in Dec and don't come back(w.o notification), so should be a few up for grabs.....

Think you better out in KCA with Scooby Doo.You will know that dogs aren't our hosts' preferred choice of pet-Russian girls...sorry Falcons are revered here and dogs and cats frowned upon.Many Landlords not happy to let where pets are part of the family-though this is changing=.
So, go on to Aldar.com and search for rentals at Raha Gardens(KCA); Futureview Property and Aztec also......Never pay a viewing fee and know 5% is the minimum(now) commission of annual rent you will pay to Agent if you retain one.
Will get back to you with a couple of local numbers for people handling property in KCA.

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Eva.

Jingle bells Santa smells the reindeer ran away.....
Someone told me you are in Scotland.. obviously someone talking bollox
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:48 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
Someone told me you are in Scotland.. obviously someone talking bollox
I miss Scotland.Spent a lot of time(8 yrs) there.Married a Scottish person even,anything for a laugh. No I am in AD.GPS co-ordinates if you like.

Bollox???Think that's an East coast name....not many of them left though.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Eva
I miss Scotland.Spent a lot of time(8 yrs) there.Married a Scottish person even,anything for a laugh. No I am in AD.GPS co-ordinates if you like.

Bollox???Think that's an East coast name....not many of them left though.
So partly right then.. I hated Scotland, well I hated Fraserburg, Lossiemouth was lovely.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:56 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So partly right then.. I hated Scotland, well I hated Fraserburg, Lossiemouth was lovely.
What part?

Haven't been for a while....came to UAE 2 yrs ago via US....
Hopefully be in Scotland after 16.1 fr about a week.Yu connected to RAF then?

Don't believe everything you hear about me Beebee

The truth is much worse!
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Eva
What part?

Haven't been for a while....came to UAE 2 yrs ago via US....
Hopefully be in Scotland after 16.1 fr about a week.Yu connected to RAF then?

Don't believe everything you hear about me Beebee

The truth is much worse!
Yeah R.A.F.. but was civillian, loved the life tho..

The truth can't be that much worse surely...
Old Dec 24th 2007, 7:04 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah R.A.F.. but was civillian, loved the life tho..

The truth can't be that much worse surely...
Ah well that's for another movie.Talking (again) turkey, have a lovely day ooooooo-today!!!!!

Haven't hung up my stocking yet- there's a big guy in a red kandura shimmying down my AC vent!!!

Happy Xmas-enjoyed the chat!

x
Old Dec 24th 2007, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Eva
Ah well that's for another movie.Talking (again) turkey, have a lovely day ooooooo-today!!!!!

Haven't hung up my stocking yet- there's a big guy in a red kandura shimmying down my AC vent!!!

Happy Xmas-enjoyed the chat!

x
oh just take em off and hang em up over the bed... santa won't be able to resist filling them...
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info its really appreciated, my company are putting me up in an apartment for the first 10 weeks so that should give me plenty of time to find a suitable property before my wife and dog fly out...... I worked out in U.A.E in 90/91 and I'm sure things have changed a lot..! Have noted your comment about transport and from feedback in other threads, will make sure to get a couple of lease cars sorted out, my wife will be working too (hopefully!!) Intend to rescue a local stray dog when we have settled in, have found the k9 website in Dubai already.

Cheers
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

oh just take em off and hang em up over the bed... santa won't be able to resist filling them...
but he'll have stretched them bythe time he takes them off. better to buy him his own!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

are you from Middlesbrough?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Currently live near Yarm it you know the area, have lived in many places over the years but I would call Boro home, I'll miss the smog!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

Hi theboro we are from hartlepool and partners comes to Dubai mid Feb and myself end March

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.