British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi night out? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/abu-dhabi-night-out-552832/)

weescot Aug 2nd 2008 5:08 pm

Abu Dhabi night out?

There seems to be a few new AD members and some interest in meeting up to put faces to screen names and exchange tales/experience and ask questions like "is it always this hot in the summer...". Anyone fancy meeting up for drinkies next weekend? Thurs or Fri perhaps?

Squirty Cream Aug 2nd 2008 5:49 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi night out?

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6639179)
There seems to be a few new AD members and some interest in meeting up to put faces to screen names and exchange tales/experience and ask questions like "is it always this hot in the summer...". Anyone fancy meeting up for drinkies next weekend? Thurs or Fri perhaps?

Where are you thinking of Weescot? Somewhere lively please!

Norm_uk Aug 2nd 2008 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6639179)

I think I can drag myself out for a drink on Thurs...me and the missus were planning to pop out for a drink or two anyways :)

Where do you have in mind?

N.

weescot Aug 3rd 2008 5:56 am

Open to suggestions! Was thinking good old Hemmingways - although I know a group of Ozzie expats are meeting there on Thursday. Choice of live/club music as I am sure you know....

Norm_uk Aug 3rd 2008 9:14 am

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6640646)
Open to suggestions! Was thinking good old Hemmingways - although I know a group of Ozzie expats are meeting there on Thursday. Choice of live/club music as I am sure you know....

That sounds good...the Blueline bar we all met at a couple of weeks ago was ok too..but their beer selection left a lot to be desired. The only other place I know is the Tavern but that's more a weekday pub than a night out kind of place.

N.

weescot Aug 3rd 2008 10:16 am

Any more suggestions? Anyone from Dubai fancy a trip South to visit the capital country cousins?

shakh your bootie Aug 3rd 2008 10:47 am

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6640900)
Any more suggestions? Anyone from Dubai fancy a trip South to visit the capital country cousins?

:rofl:

That's fightin' talk, Miss Weescot....

weescot Aug 3rd 2008 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6640944)
:rofl:

That's fightin' talk, Miss Weescot....

I know my place in life.... Seriously, all welcome. Crash out spaces I am sure will be available ...

tdd Aug 3rd 2008 12:53 pm

I would be interested in coming but as I am not officially here yet (just visiting for few days until move hopefully in Sept) you may say no!

weescot Aug 3rd 2008 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by tdd (Post 6641208)
I would be interested in coming but as I am not officially here yet (just visiting for few days until move hopefully in Sept) you may say no!

Welcome to BE -and you are more than welcome to attend. Keeping checking in for the details....

Squirty Cream Aug 3rd 2008 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6641213)
Welcome to BE -and you are more than welcome to attend. Keeping checking in for the details....

Heroes is great, it's full of er, umm humanity of a kind....... well all types really and just watching everyone of bumping against each other and not necessarily interacting or communicating with anyone in particular, and with the band blaring away it's very entertaining, so could we add it to the list and do a bit of a trawl through Abu Dhabi.....perhaps?

Karlos The Jackal Aug 3rd 2008 1:15 pm

Brauhaus or Trader Vics at the Crowne Plaza ?

The cocktails are lethal though !

Theres always good old PJ's at The Royal Meridian or for a more tranquil feel Sheraton Khalidiya !

weescot Aug 3rd 2008 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 6641240)
Heroes is great, it's full of er, umm humanity of a kind....... well all types really and just watching everyone of bumping against each other and not necessarily interacting or communicating with anyone in particular, and with the band blaring away it's very entertaining, so could we add it to the list and do a bit of a trawl through Abu Dhabi.....perhaps?

More than happy to do head to Heros later - always a hoot to end the evening and for wonderful chat up lines like "oooh, you're all sweaty" ....

So as things are shaping up, meet at Hemingways at say, 8pm ish then go with the alcofrolic flow a little later.....

Grace O Malley Aug 3rd 2008 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6641276)
More than happy to do head to Heros later - always a hoot to end the evening and for wonderful chat up lines like "oooh, you're all sweaty" ....

So as things are shaping up, meet at Hemingways at say, 8pm ish then go with the alcofrolic flow a little later.....

Whats the tavern like on a Thursday these days, haven't been there for ages?

Oh def up for heroes later:D

Karlos The Jackal Aug 3rd 2008 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6641348)
Whats the tavern like on a Thursday these days, haven't been there for ages?

Oh def up for heroes later:D

Theres more life in a tramps vest !