Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi monthly accomodation

Abu Dhabi monthly accomodation

Old Feb 9th 2024, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Blinkycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi monthly accomodation

Hi all, thanks in advance for help - I am going to be starting a job that has no housing allowance as it is wrapped into my monthly pay. Is there accommodation that accepts monthly payments until I can make a larger payment? Also what is a good area to look at for a single man near the centre, thanks
Old Feb 9th 2024, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi monthly accomodation

Originally Posted by Blinkycat
Hi all, thanks in advance for help - I am going to be starting a job that has no housing allowance as it is wrapped into my monthly pay. Is there accommodation that accepts monthly payments until I can make a larger payment? Also what is a good area to look at for a single man near the centre, thanks
Have a look at serviced apartments or hotels that accept long term rentals (many do), typically you won't get a very attractive rate though if you are only committing a month. Also have a look at airbnb, not usually that cheap but contact some of the hosts and put a deal to them.

Might be easier to state the approx location you may get some more accurate suggestions.

Although your housing is wrapped some employers will give you an advance for housing, maybe worth asking.

Old Feb 15th 2024, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks there seems to be a decent range of serviced accommodation at surprisingly reasonable prices - good if anyone has a recommendation but the Long Stay website says Ramada Wyndham by Corniche good value at $65 per night
Old Feb 19th 2024, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks an in terms of looking for a longer term place - can the listings actually be trusted? Lots of people say the bayut etc is a sea of scams...
Old Feb 19th 2024, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blinkycat
Thanks an in terms of looking for a longer term place - can the listings actually be trusted? Lots of people say the bayut etc is a sea of scams...
Ive never used Bayut, I tend to look at Propertyfinder if I need to. There are new rules just coming in that may well improve the advertising of properties.

Depending on where you are looking in AD and assuming its apartments if you do a bit of leg work you can often save the agents fees. Most of the ALdar properties and many others will allow you to deal directly with the management offices, as an example in the Al muneera community you can go to the Aldar offices and they publish a regular list of the available units, they will give you keys to view and you can deal with them direct. In these communities this is all the agents do and then charge you 5%. Another example where my daughter lives in Al Raha, her apartment management rarely use agents to advertise and everything is done via the management company. You can also pop into a block that you like and chat with security, they should give you the management details and will often tell you the vacant units.