Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi maps - or directions please

Abu Dhabi maps - or directions please

Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Abu Dhabi maps - or directions please

Can an AD expert help me out please?

I have meetings there this afternnon and whilst I can easily find the first venue (Al Wahda Mall), I then have to go to 4th/Muroor Street (nr 31st ST). I can't find this on any of the (not at all detailed) maps I have found.

Is it far and how do I get there?

Huge thanks (& karma) for anyone who can help/direct me.

-
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:36 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi maps - or directions please

Originally Posted by Meow

I have meetings there this afternnon and whilst I can easily find the first venue (Al Wahda Mall), I then have to go to 4th/Muroor Street (nr 31st ST). I can't find this on any of the (not at all detailed) maps I have found.

-
come out Al Wahda mall, turn right. At the traffic lights you will be perpendicular to 4th. Take a right. and you will find 31st street.

I think
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:43 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

-
Use google maps http://maps.google.com/

Put in 'Al Wahda Mall Abu Dhabi' to see you start point. Then drive down E Road (also known as Muroor Road)

Then put in '31st Street Abu Dhabi' to see general destination area and zoom in you will see where Muroor Road intersects 31st Street.

Else, put in the actual physical address for your destination - as I can't find a 4th Street in the Al Muroor area.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:45 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Use google maps http://maps.google.com/

Put in 'Al Wahda Mall Abu Dhabi' to see you start point. Then drive down E Road (also known as Muroor Road)

Then put in '31st Street Abu Dhabi' to see general destination area and zoom in you will see where Muroor Road intersects 31st Street.

Else, put in the actual physical address for your destination - as I can't find a 4th Street in the Al Muroor area.
4th street is the old airport road. it runs parallel to 2nd which is the main airport road that goes to the Maqta bridge. Its a piece of piss
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. That makes sense

What confusing names though. How is anyone supposed to know that E street is also Muroor St?

-
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:24 am
banned

Thanks guys. That makes sense

What confusing names though. How is anyone supposed to know that E street is also Muroor St?

-
dunno i just stick to numbers...30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 2, 4,6, 8

30 is the main one that goes to the mussaffah bridge
2 Airport Road
4 old Airport Road
8 Salam Street

All odd numbers run perpendicular to this..

Corniche= 1
Khalifa=3
Hamdan = 5
Zayad the 1st (electra) = 7
?? =9

etc etc

really easy when you get the hang of it..
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

bit late in the day seeing this, but yes all the streets have alternative names and also numbers.

30th st is khaleej al arabi or mussafah road or airport road.
8th st is al salam in the central business district when it goes out into the surburbs it changes to east coast road.
4th st is muroor road as well.
7th st is sheikh zayed the first st or when you go over airport road it becomes electra.
5th is al nasser st or hamden over airport road.
3rd is khalifa over airport road but al istigall 24th side of airport road.

and wait for the landmarks that are formerly known as:

such as royal meriden is formerly known as forte grand.
sheraton khalyida is formerly known as radisson sas or sheraton suites.

and so on and so forth.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice

Originally Posted by commander
dunno i just stick to numbers...30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 2, 4,6, 8

30 is the main one that goes to the mussaffah bridge
2 Airport Road
4 old Airport Road
8 Salam Street

All odd numbers run perpendicular to this..

Corniche= 1
Khalifa=3
Hamdan = 5
Zayad the 1st (electra) = 7
?? =9

etc etc

really easy when you get the hang of it..
I second this! Best advice really. When I was out there for 2 weeks I found it is just like the American grid system. And if you learn the name of the key streets (like Commander has pointed out) you will know the name of the area you're entering.

Oh, and get one of those tiny pocket maps from Explorer. Really easy to use and helpful at times (they pinpoint the landmarks such as Spinney's, the petrol stations, hospitals and malls.).
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:07 am
Bored liberal

come out Al Wahda mall, turn right. At the traffic lights you will be perpendicular to 4th. Take a right. and you will find 31st street.

I think
This worked perfectly. (Maps or the history of AD streets not required )

x
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:17 am
banned

This worked perfectly. (Maps or the history of AD streets not required )

x
your welcome, sometimes people can overcomplecate things to try to impress
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

your welcome, sometimes people can overcomplecate things to try to impress
hey not trying to impress if you are referring to me, just putting out "more" information on the same viewpoints.