Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Lease Agreement. 12 cheques possible?

Abu Dhabi Lease Agreement. 12 cheques possible?

Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

dohadesertdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi Lease Agreement. 12 cheques possible?

I know the standard practice in UAE is for as few cheques as possible, preferably 1 or 2 and no more than 3. Does anyone know if anyone will accept 12 cheques or is this a complete no-go?

My issue is my company wont provide cheque assistance until completion of my 3 month probation which means being in a hotel for 3 months. not usually an issue however i am mobilising my family 1 month after i arrive from Qatar, my gf will be working in Dubai, my dog will be in boarding in Qatar until we get the villa etc etc etc. I wouldnt have arranged this if it had been made clear to me that this was the case but whats done is done as of now.

I just dont have the cash to put up the 1st cheque for 100, 50, or 33% of the annual lease amount and am scrabbling around for alternative options.

Any sage advice greatly welcomed!!

Cheers
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Lease Agreement. 12 cheques possible?

Originally Posted by dohadesertdog
I know the standard practice in UAE is for as few cheques as possible, preferably 1 or 2 and no more than 3. Does anyone know if anyone will accept 12 cheques or is this a complete no-go?

My issue is my company wont provide cheque assistance until completion of my 3 month probation which means being in a hotel for 3 months. not usually an issue however i am mobilising my family 1 month after i arrive from Qatar, my gf will be working in Dubai, my dog will be in boarding in Qatar until we get the villa etc etc etc. I wouldnt have arranged this if it had been made clear to me that this was the case but whats done is done as of now.

I just dont have the cash to put up the 1st cheque for 100, 50, or 33% of the annual lease amount and am scrabbling around for alternative options.

Cheers
take out a loan...
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

happy to do that but how long will i have to wait before banks will lend? I am getting contact details of a relationship manager at HSBC later tody and will contact them ASAP. Im pretty certain in Qatar you need 3 months of salary payments into that account before they will lend however this issue isnt prevalent here as leases are over monthly.

anyone hav experience of obtaining a loan so early in employment???
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

happy to do that but how long will i have to wait before banks will lend? I am getting contact details of a relationship manager at HSBC later tody and will contact them ASAP. Im pretty certain in Qatar you need 3 months of salary payments into that account before they will lend however this issue isnt prevalent here as leases are over monthly.

I got one during the first week I arrived to cover my rent (before I received my 1st payslip). That was way back when before the crash, when banks were happy to lend to anyone. Also my company used the same bank I got the loan from, so they were comfortable with my contract of employment and the fact they had company bank accounts with them.

Thankfully for me, not had the requirement to ask for a loan since then.

Last edited by Mogs; Mar 5th 2013 at 8:57 am. Reason: .
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:02 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Im pretty certain in Qatar you need 3 months of salary payments into that account before they will lend however this issue isnt prevalent here as leases are over monthly.?
As soon as you have your RP here you can get a loan. All you need is salary cert from company. I don't know about UAE now though
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

hmmn ok, not sure why i have that thought in my mind then?

If that is the case in AD then problem solved, i think?! Fingers crossed
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Most UAE banks want 3 months of statements.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

I hope not, but I'm about to find out!!

Have to say that HR departments really dont help themselves. they continue to be useless beyond reproach, impossible to get hold of, fail to assist, exert demands and then wonder why those of us who actually do the work that keeps them all in jobs get pi**ed off having to put up with their attitudes!

*off topic rant over*
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Most UAE banks want 3 months of statements.
Wow. In my day, I took out a 100k loan and was given the same on credit cards within 15 days of landing in the country...

They bastards then cut my card to 10k about a year later without consultation which means I have to pay the bill twice a month.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Wow. In my day, I took out a 100k loan and was given the same on credit cards within 15 days of landing in the country...

They bastards then cut my card to 10k about a year later without consultation which means I have to pay the bill twice a month.
You're so big time.

I got a credit card within days, but not with a silly limit.

HSBC who I had banked with here for 18 months refused a rent loan because I'd only just moved companies and could only give them one pay slip. They wanted 3 minimum.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
do what others have said take out a loan, thats what people have to do all the time. you are lucky if you can get 3 cheques, the only places that accept monthly are hotel apartments, so then take one of those until you have enough cash
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

depends on the company/industry some companies are blacklisted and banks wont touch them.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

An ADCB relationship manager tells me they will lend upon receipt of a salary certificate and salary transfer letter. fingers crossed!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

An ADCB relationship manager tells me they will lend upon receipt of a salary certificate and salary transfer letter. fingers crossed!
ok we are with adcb and there are certain companies they will not lend to, have you asked that question?