British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi - Housing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/abu-dhabi-housing-868403/)

Expat5928 Nov 24th 2015 1:10 pm

Abu Dhabi - Housing

Hi all,

I've recently been offered a contract in Abu Dhabi and looking for advice on best locations, we are a young married couple with two dogs and would like something with a small garden etc with minimum of 2 beds.

Any advice would be great

Thank you

DXBtoDOH Nov 24th 2015 3:49 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi - Housing

Budget, mate?

AD is one of those places where property is either very expensive or very cheap with very little in between.

Villas are more expensive than flats. Did you want a villa or a flat?

Look at Al Rayaana in Khalifa City for a nice apartment complex with lots of greenery around.

Originally Posted by Expat5928 (Post 11801574)
Hi all,

I've recently been offered a contract in Abu Dhabi and looking for advice on best locations, we are a young married couple with two dogs and would like something with a small garden etc with minimum of 2 beds.

Any advice would be great

Thank you

Expat5928 Nov 24th 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks, budget is around 160 aed, not sure if that's quite enough for what I'm looking for, I've seen a couple in Al Reef but they seem quite far out. Apartments I'm not too keen on due to the dogs.

Are most the villas in complexes?

Expat5928 Nov 24th 2015 4:01 pm

Unless apartment was ground floor

Expat5928 Dec 1st 2015 4:01 am

It would be near Al Nayhan Stadium in Abu Dhabi City Center

archie159 Dec 1st 2015 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Expat5928 (Post 11801716)

Are most the villas in complexes?

No - there are loads of villas not in compounds, but they are often a bit harder to find (if you are overseas and relying on the internet) as they might well only be advertised with a sign pinned on the wall etc.

The problem you'll face is that most villas (at least, the ones I've seen) are slightly bigger (3BR+), and so a bit more expensive than maybe you need. I'm struggling to think of any compounds where there are villas at the 160k price bracket. You'll also have to check closely about the dogs... some places or landlords have quite strict rules about dogs, others are much less fussed. If you have time to look about, then I think it would be well worth walking/driving about town (concentrate on the back streets away from the high-rise areas of the city) and get a feel for what there is. There are some agents who'll help you, but many are useless, and the best way to find it out is to be here in person. I'm not sure if you are planning to bring the wife and dogs across when you start work, but it is often a lot easier to keep them at home for a few months while you settle in, get a feel for the place and so on - it is much easier to find accommodation when you are here. Sometimes you'll see great places advertised on noticeboards in Spinneys, etc - or in internet forums such as the Abu Dhabi marketplace on facebook. abudhabiwoman.com is also a good place to ask advice - especially for the issue of dogs in villas.

Expat5928 Dec 1st 2015 10:04 am

Many thanks

Arcadia Dec 3rd 2015 9:57 pm

You could always try for an apartment in the Muroor, Mushrif or manasir area. Most are only 3 high, we lived in a bottom floor apartment with huge outside terraces and patio doors from every room. Or opt for the top floor which would probably have huge roof terraces with high walls. 160 Dhs should be enough if you can find one. Most of these type of properties have for rent signs attached if your able to have a drive around. Its a lot quieter in these areas too (traffic wise), so ideal for walking your dogs.

govandave Dec 29th 2015 7:11 am

2 bed "apartments" going in Al Maqtaa Village, next to Al Bateen Airport for 130k ish. The apartments are not in massive high rise buildings, but ontop of 3/4 bed villas in the compound. They've massive terraces (good for dogs and sun) and high walls. Give Flag Real Estate a call to check availability. Good luck!