British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi Hotel (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/abu-dhabi-hotel-604727/)

deemi786 Apr 21st 2009 6:25 pm

Abu Dhabi Hotel
 
I need to spend a few days visiting clients in AD, really cant be arsed with travelling in the mornings, does anyone know of any really nice hotels in and around the following places?

Have googled and there seems to be some Rotana Hotels there but anyone else have any suggestions.

Al Ain
Khalifa Street
Near Airport

Appreciated.

Also is there any nightlife in AD? Apologies dont know AD very well

kaz lou abu dhabi Apr 21st 2009 6:57 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 
Near Khalifa Street you have Millennium and Royal Meridian - both excellent. Near the Airport you are limited to either Shangri-La or Al Raha Beach. The One to One is quite central, slightly out of the city. Sorry - i live in Abu Dhabi so cant recommend hotels in Al Ain.

deemi786 Apr 21st 2009 7:01 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 

Originally Posted by kaz lou abu dhabi (Post 7500551)
Near Khalifa Street you have Millennium and Royal Meridian - both excellent. Near the Airport you are limited to either Shangri-La or Al Raha Beach. The One to One is quite central, slightly out of the city. Sorry - i live in Abu Dhabi so cant recommend hotels in Al Ain.

Shoukran jasilan

coffindodger Apr 21st 2009 7:17 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 
For Al Ain i would use either the Hilton Or the Inter Con
The Hilton is ok nice pool and pool bar, Pacos is the bar in there.
Horse n Jockey is in the Inter Con.

soukie Apr 21st 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 
The Rotana in Al Ain is great too and it has a Trader Vics restaurant.

Blue Cat Apr 22nd 2009 6:02 am

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 7500617)
For Al Ain i would use either the Hilton Or the Inter Con
The Hilton is ok nice pool and pool bar, Pacos is the bar in there.
Horse n Jockey is in the Inter Con.

I agree, I really like the Hilton even if it is a bit shabby round the edges. The Rotana is nice as well but it has no atmosphere :)

deemi786 Apr 22nd 2009 6:11 am

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 
Thanks allot people, much apreciated.

Anyone have any idea on the nightlife? And i dont mean women....just mean places, bars etc i could take the clients to...some of them include Americans, Saudi's and Germans...

Nowhere seedy please.....

AnotherWorld Apr 22nd 2009 12:42 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 
Would it be tacky taking germans to the nice German Brauhaus restaurant/bar at Beach Rotana Hotel in AD?

Lots and lots of pork and german beer especially on buffet nights.

deemi786 Apr 22nd 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7502987)
Would it be tacky taking germans to the nice German Brauhaus restaurant/bar at Beach Rotana Hotel in AD?

Lots and lots of pork and german beer especially on buffet nights.

I cant see the Saudi's enjoying the pork.....

coffindodger Apr 22nd 2009 1:05 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 
Would it be tacky taking germans to the nice German Brauhaus restaurant/bar at Beach Rotana Hotel in AD?

Lots and lots of pork and german beer especially on buffet nights.

And Face ye battle axe Frau Tina !! ohh errrr

Smoochy Girl Apr 22nd 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7503000)
I cant see the Saudi's enjoying the pork.....

Don't you believe it - some of them think it's great :rofl:

deemi786 Apr 22nd 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl (Post 7503066)
Don't you believe it - some of them think it's great :rofl:

really bloody hell.....they did love my jewish joke though last time we met.....

So i cant take credit for the joke, its an oldie from Omid Djalili but is funny....

Jewish kid goes up to his dad and says

"Dad can i have 1 pound?"

Dad replies

"A pound? What do you want 50p for? I havent got 10p!

AnotherWorld Apr 23rd 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7503000)
I cant see the Saudi's enjoying the pork.....

You ever seen how many Saudis frequent Brauhaus??? :ohmy:

benzonar Apr 23rd 2009 9:54 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7503115)
really bloody hell.....they did love my jewish joke though last time we met.....

So i cant take credit for the joke, its an oldie from Omid Djalili but is funny....

Jewish kid goes up to his dad and says

"Dad can i have 1 pound?"

Dad replies

"A pound? What do you want 50p for? I havent got 10p!

Anti-semitism always goes down well in Saudi

deemi786 Apr 24th 2009 4:50 am

Re: Abu Dhabi Hotel
 

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 7508565)
Anti-semitism always goes down well in Saudi

it was only a joke...jesus...you're worse than muslims.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:31 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.