Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi/ Dubai prices

Abu Dhabi/ Dubai prices

Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi/ Dubai prices

Originally Posted by Meow
Do you think he has the people skills for the job?
Well he talks a lot of sh*t darling
Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Yer Maw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Well he talks a lot of sh*t darling
I guess you are another who has nothing worthwhile to contribute. If you have nothing to add why bother to post?
Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I think you might be better off at www.dullhumourlessandearnest.com
Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
For a moment I thought you actually had something worthwhile to offer. I have a pefectly healthy sense of humour thank you very much, it just doesn't seem to align with the mindless pish you and your buddies consider to be funny. Nothing to add? Go and be an apparently hilarious arse in someone else's thread. Bye.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

I was there in March 2011. A steak in 'Heroes' at the Crowne Plaza is around Dh100, it's about Dh20-25 for a beer during happy hour. You can get a take-away from the Indian shops for about Dh25-30, if you get your booze from 'Spinneys' a beer is about Dh8-10, a cheap bottle of vino is around Dh40.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Britmal
I was there in March 2011. A steak in 'Heroes' at the Crowne Plaza is around Dh100, it's about Dh20-25 for a beer during happy hour. You can get a take-away from the Indian shops for about Dh25-30, if you get your booze from 'Spinneys' a beer is about Dh8-10, a cheap bottle of vino is around Dh40.
Cheers mate, we were drinking in Heroes a fair bit the last time as we were staying in the Flamingo just round the corner. We are in Aloft down at the Exhibition Centre this time I believe. Is Spinneys the carry out shop with the blacked out windows? We got served in there a couple of times the last time, although I believe you're supposed to have a resident's card.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

No probs, I've sent you a PM.

What line of work are you in? I worked out at Dhafra air base a good few years back, stayed at the Flamingo then.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

No probs, I've sent you a PM.

What line of work are you in? I worked out at Dhafra air base a good few years back, stayed at the Flamingo then.
I'm an aircraft engineer in the RAF. The Flamingo seemed to be the hotel of choice for a few years, now Aloft seems to be the one. Working at Al Dhafra for a few weeks then moving to Al Minhad for a few days.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

OK, not related to my line of work then, we put a gas pipeline into Dhafra base back in 2005. To my knowledge, there's nothing much in the way of entertainment around Aloft. You'll spend a fair bit on taxis getting to Heroes and back...
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

OK, not related to my line of work then, we put a gas pipeline into Dhafra base back in 2005. To my knowledge, there's nothing much in the way of entertainment around Aloft. You'll spend a fair bit on taxis getting to Heroes and back...
Aloft looks really smart, but that's the only downside. I'm hoping to trade my line of work for something more in your line next year as hoping to get into Oil & Gas when i get out.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yer Maw
Aloft looks really smart, but that's the only downside. I'm hoping to trade my line of work for something more in your line next year as hoping to get into Oil & Gas when i get out.
At the risk of being helpful, you're close to the Souk Al Beryat (next to the Shang) and there are a couple of rough bars there, 8 and Leftbank. Ladies night (weds) at LeftBank is chaos.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by al dente
At the risk of being helpful, you're close to the Souk Al Beryat (next to the Shang) and there are a couple of rough bars there, 8 and Leftbank. Ladies night (weds) at LeftBank is chaos.
Bingo. Think I will keep that one between myself and my close colleagues for now, as there will be around 50 of us out there altogether. Cheers for that info.