Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi/ Dubai prices

Abu Dhabi/ Dubai prices

Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Yer Maw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi/ Dubai prices

Hi peeps, visited Abu Dhabi and Dubai with work around 4 years ago and found the food/drink prices in AD to be roughly about the same as the UK, with Dubai a bit higher. Travelling back to work at Al Dhafra and Al Minhad air bases in Nov/Dec, can anyone update me on the rough prices for food/drink just now please? Much appreciated.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:03 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi/ Dubai prices

Originally Posted by Yer Maw
Hi peeps, visited Abu Dhabi and Dubai with work around 4 years ago and found the food/drink prices in AD to be roughly about the same as the UK, with Dubai a bit higher. Travelling back to work at Al Dhafra and Al Minhad air bases in Nov/Dec, can anyone update me on the rough prices for food/drink just now please? Much appreciated.
No problem. Food is 86, drink is 12 but sometimes 14.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

nah the price of food is more expensive than uk, always has been except buying kfc and the like, cans of pop.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
nah the price of food is more expensive than uk, always has been except buying kfc and the like, cans of pop.
Since we are always working on allotted rates to spend on food every day we generally go for cheap and cheerful. We were going to a buffet at the Crowne Plaza regularly last time which I'm sure was about 90 a head including all the beer/wine you could drink. That's more our sort of ball park.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Team UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fossildog
No problem. Food is 86, drink is 12 but sometimes 14.
HAHAHAHA That made my day!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Team UK
HAHAHAHA That made my day!
You really need to get out more.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 8:50 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Since we are always working on allotted rates to spend on food every day we generally go for cheap and cheerful. We were going to a buffet at the Crowne Plaza regularly last time which I'm sure was about 90 a head including all the beer/wine you could drink. That's more our sort of ball park.
90 what? Dirhams, Dollars, beads?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:17 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

You really need to get out more.
Yeah, get out to the Crown Plaza where they will feed you for 90.

I was doing 140 yesterday.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
90 what? Dirhams, Dollars, beads?
Well, it was Dirhams last time I was there, but its been about 4 years so who knows? Is this difficult for you to comprehend or do you genuinely think you are being clever? God help you if that's the case, because your patter is embarassing.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fossildog
Yeah, get out to the Crown Plaza where they will feed you for 90.

I was doing 140 yesterday.
Hence the question. Do you not understand that concept? I guess they need toilet attendants as much as anyone over there.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

You could find out prices by visiting stores/hotels online and it will usually give a flyer of the prices
Old Sep 16th 2012, 7:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it was Dirhams last time I was there, but its been about 4 years so who knows? Is this difficult for you to comprehend or do you genuinely think you are being clever? God help you if that's the case, because your patter is embarassing.

I guess you no longer want anyone's help?

Any all in brunch incl booze for Dhs 90 will be utter shite. That's far too low.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I guess they need toilet attendants as much as anyone over there.
I'd say you'd be up for stiff competition from the subcontinent, but, if you price yourself competitively (around 800), you'll be in the race.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:04 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by al dente
I'd say you'd be up for stiff competition from the subcontinent, but, if you price yourself competitively (around 800), you'll be in the race.
Do you think he has the people skills for the job?
Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
I guess you no longer want anyone's help?

Any all in brunch incl booze for Dhs 90 will be utter shite. That's far too low.
Yes I still want someone's help, hence the reason I started the thread. All I seem to have had so far is smart arse comments from people who obviously have far too much time on their hands and nothing worthwhile to do with it. It's about 4 years since I was in UAE, hence the prices I've quoted. Any update on that would be gladly accepted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.