British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi accommodation suggestion (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/abu-dhabi-accommodation-suggestion-829629/)

Moo123 Mar 25th 2014 9:41 pm

Abu Dhabi accommodation suggestion

I'm moving to Abu Dhabi with a small dog...

I wanted to move near my work which is near Abu Dhabi City Terminal. I can't drive...and need somewhere nearby to public transport.

Can anyone suggest any places? I gave no clue...I really don't want to be bound by a year contract ideally 6 months....and would like fully furnished....

Regardless, any places you could suggest near that place would be appreciated

DelilahBlue Mar 26th 2014 4:33 am

Re: Abu Dhabi accommodation suggestion

All property leases were for 12 months minimum when I was living there, and it was also to be paid up front. You may have to look at serviced apartments, although I am not sure if you can have your dog with you in them.

busybee2 Mar 26th 2014 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Moo123 (Post 11190726)
I'm moving to Abu Dhabi with a small dog...

I wanted to move near my work which is near Abu Dhabi City Terminal. I can't drive...and need somewhere nearby to public transport.

Can anyone suggest any places? I gave no clue...I really don't want to be bound by a year contract ideally 6 months....and would like fully furnished....

Regardless, any places you could suggest near that place would be appreciated

all lets are yearly, otherwise you will need to look at furnished hotel apartments but they prob wont let you have dogs.... tca is the area close to city terminal.

archie159 Mar 26th 2014 9:06 am

Yes, rents are always a year long. Furnished apartments can be got for shorter periods, but I doubt many of them will take a dog. Further, how good is your dog shut up all day in an apartment? Do you need a garden (and who would let the dog in/out - you can't really leave the doors open in the summer...)? Are you going to need to find friendly neighbours quickly to help? If so, you'll need to target a compound, but most of those are aiming and priced at families. If you need a garden then you are most unlikely to find anything near the City Terminal (by the way - do you mean the airport city terminal, the bus terminal, or what?).

If you are going to live further afield, you can view bus maps online. Taxis are also possible and not expensive (by UK standards), but you are best off choosing an area where taxis frequent - if you have to call one every day that will be a real hassle.

To be honest, bringing a dog when you are living on your own will be very stressful for the animal over here in the summer. Those people I know with dogs all have wives or maids who can keep the dog company during the day. You'll also need to get used to walking it very, very early (or late) in the summer months. Can you not leave it with a relative in the UK?