Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

rocha27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi

Hi all

Can anyone let me know what are the nice areas to live in, in Abu Dhabi?

What can I do with a 9600AED housing allowance?

Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi

I don't know AD that well but I don't think your allowance will go too far, I could be wrong but one of our member Twinkle, if she ever gets internet might be able to advise, or Sheik ya bootie!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

numbercruncher is an unknown quantity at this point

It should buy you an unfurnished 2 Bdr somewhere in the centre. Supply is quite limited though.Also if going through an agent, you will need to add another 5% of your annual rent for commission. There is an increasing number of expats coming into town so sharing a larger apartment might also be an option.

Depending on where you relocate from you will find utilities as well as furniture/ household items to be relatively inexpensive.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by numbercruncher View Post
It should buy you an unfurnished 2 Bdr somewhere in the centre. Supply is quite limited though.Also if going through an agent, you will need to add another 5% of your annual rent for commission. There is an increasing number of expats coming into town so sharing a larger apartment might also be an option.

Depending on where you relocate from you will find utilities as well as furniture/ household items to be relatively inexpensive.
Sharing might be an option for a month or two, until I get my feet on the ground and the family joins me from Portugal.

I've been interviewed for a position in AD and want to get as much info as possible, as most of the info on the forum is about Dubai.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
I don't know AD that well but I don't think your allowance will go too far, I could be wrong but one of our member Twinkle, if she ever gets internet might be able to advise, or Sheik ya bootie!
Thanks for the info BC...I'll see if they are around...I know that this time of the year in UAE is vacation time, right?