British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Absconder...Help! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/absconder-help-692904/)

orlan Nov 9th 2010 1:42 pm

Absconder...Help!

I have recently found out I am listed as an absconder.
Left UAE 3 years ago and did not cancel my company in the free zone.
I am working with them to sort it out, but it is taking ages and still they cannot tell me how it can be resolved.
I do have a new passport, but will they link the name and date of birth if i go on a visit. Need to enter for 3 days on business.
Any suggestions?

OriginalSunshine Nov 9th 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Absconder...Help!

Originally Posted by orlan (Post 8970927)
I have recently found out I am listed as an absconder.
Left UAE 3 years ago and did not cancel my company in the free zone.
I am working with them to sort it out, but it is taking ages and still they cannot tell me how it can be resolved.
I do have a new passport, but will they link the name and date of birth if i go on a visit. Need to enter for 3 days on business.
Any suggestions?

Don't go!

orlan Nov 9th 2010 2:22 pm

Very brief and to the point sunshine.
Is this based on anyones expereince ?

Spugsy Nov 9th 2010 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by orlan (Post 8970990)

shit mate, do NOT come back until sorted.

auzdafluff Nov 9th 2010 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by orlan (Post 8970990)

I'll echo Spugsy and OS. Do not under any circumstances come back while it hasn't been sorted out. Not unless you want to spend the next year in a UAE debt prison.

Roadking Nov 10th 2010 4:06 am

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 8971735)
I'll echo Spugsy and OS. Do not under any circumstances come back while it hasn't been sorted out. Not unless you want to spend the next year in a UAE debt prison.

I agree, don't come back until it's sorted as there may be financial penalties accruing.

Norm_uk Nov 10th 2010 11:39 am

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 8971735)

Yup, don't come back at all for any reason or even fly to the GCC in general until 100% sure all is sorted.

N.

ctfc Nov 10th 2010 11:46 am

And by sorted, I would mean with signed, stamped and sealed documents in both Arabic (get the translation checked independently) and English. If possible also have with you a direct line phone number of an Arabic speaking official who will confirm it's been cleared in the event that one of the many computer systems that should be updated still contains a note to arrest you. (And carry all of this with you the whole time you're here.)

orlan Nov 10th 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks everyone. Point taken. I have been 3 weeks trying to sort this out, and to be honest I am no further forward. Seems like anything out of the norm just cannot be done. I cannot even get a reply on a procedure or what needs to be done to resolve it.

Bluelionesse Nov 11th 2010 7:55 am

Originally Posted by orlan (Post 8973106)
Thanks everyone. Point taken. I have been 3 weeks trying to sort this out, and to be honest I am no further forward. Seems like anything out of the norm just cannot be done. I cannot even get a reply on a procedure or what needs to be done to resolve it.

It seems to take a lot more than 3 weeks to get anything sorted out here!

Don't risk coming here til you have all the docs suggested by ctfc!