Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

About cargo shipment from UK to UAE?

About cargo shipment from UK to UAE?

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Yasser99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question About cargo shipment from UK to UAE?

Hello guys

I am moving to the UAE; and I have around 60kg cargo (personal effects) that I would to ship from the UK?

I am just wondering if you know any reliable cargo agents? Do you know how much will it cost me to ship this (via air and/or sea)?

I am based at Manchester, but I could ship from Liverpool if necessary.

Cheers
Yasser
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About cargo shipment from UK to UAE?

www.freightair.co.uk

Manchester based, have quoted me £155 for 60kg, or £187 for 90kg for direct shipment to Abu Dhabi

[email protected] is the guy I've been dealing with.

I'm picking up from the airport myself due to the nature of the contents, but you could arrange for a handling agent to forward it on.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
www.freightair.co.uk

Manchester based, have quoted me £155 for 60kg, or £187 for 90kg for direct shipment to Abu Dhabi

[email protected] is the guy I've been dealing with.

I'm picking up from the airport myself due to the nature of the contents, but you could arrange for a handling agent to forward it on.
customs will still check it I think?
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
customs will still check it I think?
Customs will definitely check my boxes, primarily due to the contents.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Customs will definitely check my boxes, primarily due to the contents.
come on then what's in the boxes!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

come on then what's in the boxes!!!
CITES listed species
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:27 pm
Concierge

CITES listed species
birds
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

birds
Nah, Orchidae!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 2:16 pm
Concierge

can I ask why?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

For 60kgs, air freight won't be much more expensive than by sea and will be much quicker.

I sent my stuff from Manchester to Dubai when I lived there, and used Menzies - it worked fine.

You can save money by dropping your stuff at the airport freight terminal yourself (south side of Manchester airport) and collecting at the Dubai end.

In Dubai there will be a bit of paperwork to do, and customs fees - a couple of hours should do it. A small amount of 'food' money to the fork lift truck crew who get the boxes from the warehouse will mean you are not waiting all day for your stuff!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

can I ask why?
The missus grows them, so have 78 coming out from her collection.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:24 am
Concierge

The missus grows them, so have 78 coming out from her collection.
wow! I bet they are fabulous, can you post pics when they arrive please?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

wow! I bet they are fabulous, can you post pics when they arrive please?
I have a few pics already, but will start a new thread as we've hijacked this one enough.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:09 pm
Concierge

I have a few pics already, but will start a new thread as we've hijacked this one enough.
thanks
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Yasser99 is an unknown quantity at this point

*LOL* Thanks for handing over this thread back to me

Thanks Benzonar; I contacted Martin and - I think - he gave me a better quote to Dubai Airport: "Total costs by air to Dubai Airport ex our premises
£140.00
Based on direct service ex Manchester"

Please forgive my ignorance and my humble knowledge of the English Language, but what does "ex our premises" mean? I was about to Email him back but I noticed from his signature that he works as the "Director"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.