Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggg

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggg

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggg

ggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no...I don't feel better for that.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggg

what's up
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
what's up
Work, unpaid salaries, money in general, land agents, traffic, work and work.
Nothing in particular....just stressed and frustrated.

Bahrain might not have much to do there but at least I was relaxed.

Oh man!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I know this place is just so frustrating, all the time!!! I hardly go out these days it is too much hassle to try and even get out of the place!!! Had a bump in the car ages ago and I am dreading trying to get it sorted.I can't even be arsed to ring the Insurance people. NO ONE knows what you are talking about - it doesn't matter where you go and what you want, they don't understand. I am used to that now though
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Am used to it as well.....but it still gets me every now and then

What's the deal with agents advertising all these propoerties at a certain price on a website and then you ring and they say ok - we send you what we have on the books at present and they send you all the same stuff at 300k more.
Is there a commecre commission here checking on false advertising? - like ****!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:48 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Am used to it as well.....but it still gets me every now and then

What's the deal with agents advertising all these propoerties at a certain price on a website and then you ring and they say ok - we send you what we have on the books at present and they send you all the same stuff at 300k more.
Is there a commecre commission here checking on false advertising? - like ****!
I find with house hunting you are better to try and deal direct with the owners, if possible. I dealt direct with Deyaar and had no problems at all. I am always hearing of other people complaining about the fact that they ring up about properties only to find that they don't exist !! never mind the over inflated price!!! I think it is easier when looking for an apartment though.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

I find with house hunting you are better to try and deal direct with the owners, if possible. I dealt direct with Deyaar and had no problems at all. I am always hearing of other people complaining about the fact that they ring up about properties only to find that they don't exist !! never mind the over inflated price!!! I think it is easier when looking for an apartment though.
I'm looking for a 1bdrm in the old town. I am really keen to buy one of them because it means it will cost me about 1 milliondhs more than it would have when I looked in that area over a year ago and I'm really happy about that.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:03 am
Concierge

I'm looking for a 1bdrm in the old town. I am really keen to buy one of them because it means it will cost me about 1 milliondhs more than it would have when I looked in that area over a year ago and I'm really happy about that.
sh1t how much are they now!! I saw that the 2 beds are renting at 175k, it's alot
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sh1t how much are they now!! I saw that the 2 beds are renting at 175k, it's alot
1 bed starting at around 1.7 to 2.2+ depending who you talk to and obviously things like the view, size etc etc

1bed rent from 125k

I'm Lovin' it.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:33 am
Concierge

1 bed starting at around 1.7 to 2.2+ depending who you talk to and obviously things like the view, size etc etc

1bed rent from 125k

I'm Lovin' it.
1.7 million! they were only 800k when they launched??
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

1.7 million! they were only 800k when they launched??
Something like that....that's what I am liking....paying a million more for something I could have bought for a million less. Life is good!

Last edited by Jeeper; Oct 23rd 2007 at 11:38 am. Reason: spaz
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:41 am
Concierge

Something like that....that's what I am liking....paying a million more for something I could have bought for a million less. Life is good!
that was your 666th post, it shows!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

With hindsight, I'd be a millionaire for sure... I'd have bought a villa on Palm Jumeirah years ago.

I have found Dubai to be the most frustrating place on earth for some things, especially banking (bank accounts, cheque books, PIN numbers and mortgage) and house hunting (so many places that you call about are "sold" or are "at the wrong price"...)

Its just a way of life here from what I've seen in the last 3 months. Best thing is to try and not let it get to you. I struggle with not letting it get to me cos if I want something done, I want it done now and I want it done right. That is seldom the case here. If you want a response, chase them - never wait for them to call or e-mail back. They wont.

But hey, the sun is shining and tomorrow is another day. And its tax free here (although I am seeing a lot of "charges" which are not in anyway a tax, just a % charge applied to certain things... hmmmm)
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robbies
With hindsight, I'd be a millionaire for sure... I'd have bought a villa on Palm Jumeirah years ago.

I have found Dubai to be the most frustrating place on earth for some things, especially banking (bank accounts, cheque books, PIN numbers and mortgage) and house hunting (so many places that you call about are "sold" or are "at the wrong price"...)

Its just a way of life here from what I've seen in the last 3 months. Best thing is to try and not let it get to you. I struggle with not letting it get to me cos if I want something done, I want it done now and I want it done right. That is seldom the case here. If you want a response, chase them - never wait for them to call or e-mail back. They wont.

But hey, the sun is shining and tomorrow is another day. And its tax free here (although I am seeing a lot of "charges" which are not in anyway a tax, just a % charge applied to certain things... hmmmm)
I'm not complaining about missing the boat on property prices. A propoerty is what it is when you buy it and if it was half the price a year ago not much can be done about it.
Buying for other reasons and praying a bomb doesn't go off and the entire population does a runner.

I'm also now hoping the tower DOESN'T fall down
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:28 pm
Concierge

I'm not complaining about missing the boat on property prices. A propoerty is what it is when you buy it and if it was half the price a year ago not much can be done about it.
Buying for other reasons and praying a bomb doesn't go off and the entire population does a runner.

I'm also now hoping the tower DOESN'T fall down

the tower will be fine, but I reckon the Burj Al Arab might have problems in the future, but what the hell they can pull it down and build another BIGGER and BETTER one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.