Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

90 Day Tax law Dublin?

90 Day Tax law Dublin?

Old Oct 20th 2013, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day Tax law Dublin?

Originally Posted by rafathegafa
I know its Ireland....i`m not daft, i just want to be certain..... i was told the laws had changed ....
Ask the IRD what the English income tax rate is for people based in Dublin

and what the rate is for people based in Brittany or Belgium
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Why not just go to Amsterdam or Paris or something? Surely the travel times and costs are similar and leave you in no doubt about tax?
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:09 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why not just go to Amsterdam or Paris or something? Surely the travel times and costs are similar and leave you in no doubt about tax?
Or maybe even the Republic of Ireland, which also isn't a part of the UK.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Or maybe even the Republic of Ireland, which also isn't a part of the UK.
Well, yes, obviously....but if that's confusing then mainland Europe should be easy enough to work out, surely?
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:14 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yes, obviously....but if that's confusing then mainland Europe should be easy enough to work out, surely?
I think the OP is a little hard of understanding.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:44 am
Just Joined

rafathegafa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OleJanx
You might have picked up on the title of this bored, too -British Expats. Quite clearly not Republic of Ireland Expats.
Strangly enough, most of the corespondents on here know more about British tax rules, and getting in a huff because we can't help you doesn't make things any better.
You're clearly on the 'net - do your own research. If you can't help yourself before you arrive in the Gulf, you're going to be one of those sad tales of those who leave early because they can't cope.
Thanks for that ..I am aware of the name of the site... i`m on it....and thanks for you comments, they really helped ... I wasnt in a huff, i`m just to busy to be reading pathetic replies like yours .. if you have nothing useful to contribute, then keep your useless judgemental opinions to yourself....oh and learn to spell, it`s board not BORED and CORRESPONDENTS !!! knobhead ....
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:49 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that ..I am aware of the name of the site... i`m on it....and thanks for you comments, they really helped ... I wasnt in a huff, i`m just to busy to be reading pathetic replies like yours .. if you have nothing useful to contribute, then keep your useless judgemental opinions to yourself....oh and learn to spell, it`s board not BORED and CORRESPONDENTS !!! knobhead ....
How to win friends and receive lots of help. Not.

Oh and if you wish to comment on people's spelling, perhaps you ought to learn some grammar?
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Simple answer. Dublin is NOT in the UK, but ensure you do not cross over into Northern Ireland which is. Most of the posters on here are taking the piss because you obviously have little knowledge of Geography.
NO.... I have a good knowledge of geography... i have little knowledge of tax laws... but thanks anyway.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
How to win friends and receive lots of help. Not.

Oh and if you wish to comment on people's spelling, perhaps you ought to learn some grammar?
Thanks... Not sure what it had to do with you ? ... but i`ll take it onboard next time i`m searching website trying to win friends.... also if you read the posts, i never recieved `lots of help` i recieved sarcastic , pointless comments ... just like yours ...
Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks... Not sure what it had to do with you ? ... but i`ll take it onboard next time i`m searching website trying to win friends.... also if you read the posts, i never recieved `lots of help` i recieved sarcastic , pointless comments ... just like yours ...
This is a public forum so the comments are for everyone. In fact I am just the person you want if you need advice on tax, but you've blown that by being unpleasant, stupid and needy.

Your loss sunshine.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
This is a public forum so the comments are for everyone. In fact I am just the person you want if you need advice on tax, but you've blown that by being unpleasant, stupid and needy.

Your loss sunshine.
There are over 17,000 chartered tax advisors in the CIOT alone .... so i`m not really at a loss am i ? Thanks again for yet another pointless and useless answer .....
Old Oct 30th 2013, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

There are over 17,000 chartered tax advisors in the CIOT alone .... so i`m not really at a loss am i ? Thanks again for yet another pointless and useless answer .....
I actually gave you quite a good suggestion.

Go to Paris. It's like Ireland in many ways:

Different government to the UK
Different tax system
Different currency
Different languages spoken
Different island
Different rules
Different laws
And...you'll need your passport.

It's a pretty safe bet if you think Ireland might do the dirty and tell HMRC that you've popped over there and been a naughty tax dodger.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Go to Paris. It's like Ireland in many ways:
Yes, it's a foreign country which is not affiliated in any way with HMRC. Which is the point which all of us have been subtly trying to make to the OP since he first posted rather than pointing out to him the thick twat that Eire IS NOT THE UK!!
Old Oct 30th 2013, 12:51 pm
Bored liberal

You're really not very bright are you?

Enjoy paying thousands of dirhams for information board members frequently provide for free to nice people. Various posters pointed some rather obvious issues as your posters were unclear, but I suspect that even if someone had given you all the answers on a plate you'd still be ungrateful.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mikewot
Yes, it's a foreign country which is not affiliated in any way with HMRC. Which is the point which all of us have been subtly trying to make to the OP since he first posted rather than pointing out to him the thick twat that Eire IS NOT THE UK!!
I'm just trying to be the nice helpful guy, if it didn't get through the first time it's always worth listing out the reasons...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.