Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

90 Day Tax law Dublin?

90 Day Tax law Dublin?

Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

rafathegafa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 90 Day Tax law Dublin?

Does Dublin count as the UK for tax purposes? I need to spend 4 days out of UK to stay within the 90 day tax law , i was wondering can i spend the 4 nights in Dublin before entering England? This will make my time in UK 89 days during the tax yr ?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day Tax law Dublin?

Do you mean Dublin the capital of the Republic of Ireland?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Yeah Dublin in Ireland....
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafathegafa
Yeah Dublin in Ireland....
OK there is a hint in my reply.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

I know its Ireland....i`m not daft, i just want to be certain..... i was told the laws had changed ....
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Does Dublin count as the UK for tax purposes? I need to spend 4 days out of UK to stay within the 90 day tax law , i was wondering can i spend the 4 nights in Dublin before entering England? This will make my time in UK 89 days during the tax yr ?
isnt it 90 days in 3 years?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:52 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
isnt it 90 days in 3 years?
No, they're the Irish rules
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

90 days during 1 tax year i`m led to believe... so can anyone confirm Dublin is fine ?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
No, they're the Irish rules
sorry did i forget the LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:15 am
Just Joined

So Dublin ok then ? serious answers please ....?
Old Oct 17th 2013, 2:15 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here's a serious post...

See HMRC6 Section 8.5 for the easiest route to becoming UK non-resident and also how to avoid becoming UK resident again.

Your answer lies in that short piece of text.

[J]
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:17 pm
Happy To Help!

TopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the rough

HMRC6 is now out of date and has been replaced with RDR1 as the residence rules changed with effect from the current tax year (2013/14) with the introduction of the statutory residence test (SRT).
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know that the official currency in the Republic is the Euro? Does that not give you a clue? The other posters on here are simply taking the piss.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Did you know that the official currency in the Republic is the Euro? Does that not give you a clue? The other posters on here are simply taking the piss.
You might have picked up on the title of this bored, too -British Expats. Quite clearly not Republic of Ireland Expats.
Strangly enough, most of the corespondents on here know more about British tax rules, and getting in a huff because we can't help you doesn't make things any better.
You're clearly on the 'net - do your own research. If you can't help yourself before you arrive in the Gulf, you're going to be one of those sad tales of those who leave early because they can't cope.

Last edited by OleJanx; Oct 18th 2013 at 2:05 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 2:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Simple answer. Dublin is NOT in the UK, but ensure you do not cross over into Northern Ireland which is. Most of the posters on here are taking the piss because you obviously have little knowledge of Geography.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.