4 X 4 Motors

Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default 4 X 4 Motors

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with 4 x 4 motors? Are they expensive? Do you get much discount off the list prices? Are they good for 2nd hand cars or should I go eleswhere?

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:33 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 X 4 Motors

Originally Posted by Majj
Does anyone have any experience of dealing with 4 x 4 motors? Are they expensive? Do you get much discount off the list prices? Are they good for 2nd hand cars or should I go eleswhere?

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
Bought from them in 03, good service...they are hard to knock down...depends on stock...service excellent......after sales not so good....make sure the car is serviced before u get it...they do try and slip that past u......12 mths warranty is ok but don't use them for reg services...use the makers dealer.... (off road have a good rep)

TS
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:10 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks

We were told to steer well clear of them and 4x4 offroad (I thought they were the same place!) tons of other places to choose from with better deals though don't ask me which 'cos we ended up with non 4x4 cars.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Bought from them in 03, good service...they are hard to knock down...depends on stock...service excellent......after sales not so good....make sure the car is serviced before u get it...they do try and slip that past u......12 mths warranty is ok but don't use them for reg services...use the makers dealer.... (off road have a good rep)

TS
Thanks for that. I got them to agree a major service with the main dealer before handing the vehicle over. Other than that couldn't get them to come down on the price. I saw another guy buy a lexus but all he got off was 950 dirhams! But I will stick to future servicing with the main dealer.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:14 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
We were told to steer well clear of them and 4x4 offroad (I thought they were the same place!) tons of other places to choose from with better deals though don't ask me which 'cos we ended up with non 4x4 cars.
Hmmmmmmmm JB..............Did u read that in the Sun...............seems like you have nothing positive to say about anything................ What I wrote was from experience............ not hear say..... Good luck Majj...

Cheers

TS

Last edited by Truth Speak; Jan 7th 2005 at 2:21 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:06 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
If you do buy from them get proof of the car's history and check it with the dealership too. You cannot be too careful with second hand cars here because their is little after sales support from people like 4 x 4.

My advice would be to set your sights on a brand new car in your budget range from a main dealer - it's about the only way to guarantee no problems.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:08 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
If you do buy from them get proof of the car's history and check it with the dealership too. You cannot be too careful with second hand cars here because their is little after sales support from people like 4 x 4.

My advice would be to set your sights on a brand new car in your budget range from a main dealer - it's about the only way to guarantee no problems.
If you do go second hand,its always good to hire an mechanic to have a good look at the car before you buy it so that you do not get shafted.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 5:05 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by samireh
If you do go second hand,its always good to hire an mechanic to have a good look at the car before you buy it so that you do not get shafted.
If u join the AAA, they'll do it for a song....
Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:18 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
If u join the AAA, they'll do it for a song....
You are such a wise old man
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:21 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Another way is to buy a second hand car that is still covered by the manufacturers warranty. Most of them run for three years and will only remain current if the service history has been kept up to date with the main dealer.

This way you get a car without getting hit for the large first couple of years depreciation, you are pretty much garunteed (as much as you can be) that the car has been serviced as per schedule by the main delaer and if you do get any issues you are covered by the manufacturer warranty.

This is what I did. Brought a second hand golf through Off-Road with full service history and 8 months still on the warranty. I service it with Al-Nabooda and when the steering rack was going they replaced it FOC under warranty... Sounds like a good deal to me...

Last edited by Welivehere; Jan 10th 2005 at 7:24 am.