Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

30k DHS in Qatar Vs 25k DHS in Dubai

30k DHS in Qatar Vs 25k DHS in Dubai

Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:02 pm

LeicesterKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 30k DHS in Qatar Vs 25k DHS in Dubai

Just want to know what you guys think of the following situation and what is the best option.

Qatar salary is 30k DHS and Dubai is 25k DHS (I have converted currency from Q Riyal to DHS for comparison purposes).

Bear in mind I am a 27 year old single male, no mortgage or dependants and also dont drink or go clubbing (no expense there) as I am a practicing Muslim. However I do love my food a lot and would be driving a Range Rover Sport.

The reason why I ask, is that I understand Qatar rent is very high compared to Dubai. In Dubai I would need to stay near Dubai Intenet City. But in Qatar there is flexibilty, however I do want a good standard of accomodation and a nice area.

Any ideas or suggestions?

LK.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 30k DHS in Qatar Vs 25k DHS in Dubai

why a RR sport?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
why a RR sport?
I just like the way it looks and the build of it. Personally I think its a car to be seen in as a Brit in Dubai. But others may consider it not.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeicesterKid
I just like the way it looks and the build of it. Personally I think its a car to be seen in as a Brit in Dubai. But others may consider it not.
na driven by locals....make sure you totally black out the windscreen and drive like an idiot also..

youll fit in well

ok im jealous
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:00 pm

youll fit in well
Loooooool. Now you mention it. I do get mistaken as a local most of the times during my visits to UAE, thats untill I open my mouth.

But what about the package, do you think Dubai or Qatar?

LK
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

But what about the package, do you think Dubai or Qatar?

LK
does it include housing etc or is it all in.

either way, if you dont go out clubbing/drinking its a good whack of dosh \

Dubai is a lot better than Doha i would imagine (having only visited Doha and never lived there)

Get a Nissan Safari and you definately will fit in
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:13 pm

does it include housing etc or is it all in.

Get a Nissan Safari and you definately will fit in
25 K for Dubai all included. Same for 30 K in Qatar.

I dont mind a quiter place if the rents are cheap, which I dont think is the case in Qatar, I am just thinking is the extra 5 K a month worth it in Qatar.

Never heard of a Nissan Safari

LK
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Never heard of a Nissan Safari

LK
ohh you will be almost run off the road by one soon....

Nissan Patrol Safari...Exclusively for idiots
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:32 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:03 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

ohh you will be almost run off the road by one soon....

Nissan Patrol Safari...Exclusively for idiots
Especially when accompanied by AD plates, present company excepted
Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:06 am
W10

Your money will go further in general in Doha. Inflation here is going through the roof.

However, I think in Dubai you'd end up paying around Dh8k a month for a RR Sport plus insurance? with rent on top of that being at least 5k (if you want a villa share) or 8k (if you want a 1 bed apartment)

Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

why do I feel that the OP is moving overseas so he can have a RR Sport old blokes car if you ask me
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
why do I feel that the OP is moving overseas so he can have a RR Sport old blokes car if you ask me
I would live in it if I was him...Save on the rent...
Would even visit Brad Pitt to buy a caravan to show it off...A rouge one...
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:34 am
W10

I'd love to know why the OP thinks its the kind of car he thinks a Brit should be driving in Dubai?

Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I'd love to know why the OP thinks its the kind of car he thinks a Brit should be driving in Dubai?
me too W10!! I think it is hilarious and an extremely 'shallow' comment to be honest with you. I do know why he is thinking that way but I am not posting it on here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.