Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

3 Cats from California to RAK

3 Cats from California to RAK

Old Aug 5th 2010, 8:13 am
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice
Default 3 Cats from California to RAK

Hello,

I've been researching services over the past year and the most recommended on has been PetRelocation.com.

They're pretty expensive and so I'm asking has any experience or would recommend any other service?

A year ago they quoted me $2,500 (US) for each of our cats.

We have 3 cats, at 12lbs, 11lbs, and 9lbs each.

If we have any other options, we'd appreciate it. I lost my mother this year and my 70-something father is finding it harder and harder to cope with day-to-day things, let alone our cats.

Thanks,

U.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Cats from California to RAK

Usually most vets here in AD do a pet relocation service - I am not sure about in RAK. I imported 2 cats overland from Oman - here are all the import details FYI - most relocation specialsits do all of this for you of course but I did it myself online then got the actual import permit at the Ministry building - but you can also get it at certain border crossings/airports

Anyway, you can apply here for your import permit - tells you what docs you need to scan with the application form

http://www.moew.gov.ae/En/onlineserv...Permits27.aspx

I am sure you could do it by yourslef and the airline...
Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Umbrella
Hello,

I've been researching services over the past year and the most recommended on has been PetRelocation.com.

They're pretty expensive and so I'm asking has any experience or would recommend any other service?

If we have any other options, we'd appreciate it. I lost my mother this year and my 70-something father is finding it harder and harder to cope with day-to-day things, let alone our cats.

Thanks,

U.
Have you considered covering the cats in butter and floating them across the sea with an owl in an umbrella?

Last edited by Millhouse; Aug 5th 2010 at 9:38 am.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:02 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks,

U.
probably the best local people to contact are Dubai Kennels and Cattery - they have a very good team handling animal relocations.

Check them out here - http://www.dkc.ae/
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:57 am
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Have you considered covering the cats in butter and floating them across the sea with an owl in an umbrella?
Yeah, that was my first thought. Inexpensive, efficient, and safe.

For some reason my wife doesn't agree with me on this, and she is the Neko-czar. Women!

U
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:58 am
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Thanks for the links! I'll check them out. If anyone else has any other information I'd appreciate that too.

U.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:39 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

There are plenty of nice pussy cats over here looking for a loving family. It seems ridiculous spending over US$7,500 on three cats, who could presumably find good homes elsewhere before you depart. Just my two pennyworth.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:06 pm
IOGM

Spikus will become famous soon enough

Hello,

Thanks,

U.
I am in the process of bringing over animals from Canada and am using the British Veterinary Centre (BVC). Animals do not arrive until end Aug so can not yet vouch for results but you may want to check it out

http://www.britvet.ae/pettravel.htm
Old Aug 7th 2010, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spikus
I am in the process of bringing over animals from Canada and am using the British Veterinary Centre (BVC). Animals do not arrive until end Aug so can not yet vouch for results but you may want to check it out

http://www.britvet.ae/pettravel.htm
I brought mine from Canada.

We flew on Olympic Air, who let me sit the cat on my lap in business class.
It cost $300 extra on top of the ticket.

I managed to get a pet passport sorted in Ottawa – that was the only pain, but I don't think I spent more than $500 overall.