British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   The 3 best locations to live in Doha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/3-best-locations-live-doha-810007/)

Kamaki Sep 22nd 2013 1:45 pm

The 3 best locations to live in Doha

For those who have been in Doha for a while, what is the 3 best places to live for a UK family? the reasons to why would help too ;)

OleJanx Sep 22nd 2013 2:08 pm

Re: The 3 best locations to live in Doha

Originally Posted by Kamaki (Post 10912501)
For those who have been in Doha for a while, what is the 3 best places to live for a UK family? the reasons to why would help too ;)

Dubai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi....

Kamaki Sep 22nd 2013 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 10912529)
Dubai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi....

Yep, very familiar with two of them (Dubai and AD). Know nothing about Muscat. Now that I have signed up for a few years in Doha, I need to find a decent place to live. :fingerscrossed:

Try again :)

Johnnyboy11 Sep 22nd 2013 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kamaki (Post 10912501)

I'd suggest a villa in either Al Wabb or Abu Hamour. Minimise your commute between school, work and home, since the traffic is a complete nightmare and is about to get a whole lot worse.

dragonladyoz Sep 22nd 2013 3:01 pm

Depends where you work and where the kids go to school - you don't want to be far away as Johnnyboy said - traffic is unpredicatable and a nightmare. We are at Al Rayyan and its pretty central - Al Saad is OK - but if you are working around airport try Abu Hamour and Al Waab - or if working the other end try The Pearl.

Kamaki Sep 23rd 2013 5:52 am

Many thanks for taking the time to reply

I will go around those three / 4 areas over the next two weekends and will let you know how I get on :thumbsup:

MaserMan Sep 24th 2013 12:29 pm

Problem with Al Wabb is the traffic, we looked at a couple of places, which at the weekend meant the roads were not jammed solid.

Again as has been said school will determine where you live.

We eventually settled for Al Rayyan Village, beautiful place to live.

MaserMan Sep 26th 2013 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Adolfsmith69 (Post 10918342)
yeah its very beautiful place for live. and Highest residential security area surpassing the most stringent American and European standards, and including an extensive array of the most advanced anti-terrorism and anti-intrusion systems.:)

I would not believe all the hype. Having lived in Saudi it was a hell of a lot tougher to gain access especially if you had a 50 caliber machine gun pointing at you along with the national guard who were used for protection :D

A long way from G4S security.