British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   24 Female is on the move at last! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/24-female-move-last-507163/)

ce2batson Jan 18th 2008 10:42 am

24 Female is on the move at last!

Hi everyone. I posted a few months back about poss moving to Dubai with my company.....well it would seem it really is happening and as I write I have two men carrying my belongings out of the house (and leaving muddy footprints everywhere)

I have been watching the posts and gathered some good information. I think the only thing left is to find a job for the boyfriend. He is an Insurance Broker in the City and wants similar or perhaps something else in Financial Services. Does anyone work in similar industry and can provide advice on how best to go about this/any good tips? He only has 3 years experience so he is still quite junior, alot of the jobs I have seen are for senior managers......

I will be out in the next few weeks to look for a place (I am leaning towards Springs as seem to be only place i can afford 2 beds) and get my visa sorted, and then looking to be out permanently mid-feb. I will be on my own initially so any advice on how to meet people would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

C

Slingshot Jan 18th 2008 11:01 am

Re: 24 Female is on the move at last!

I have two new flat mates who are 24 and 25 I think. They are relatively new to Dubai and have a nice cirle of friends in this age group. I will send you a message so you can get in touch with them when you get out here.

The Dean Jan 18th 2008 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ce2batson (Post 5804727)
Hi everyone. I posted a few months back about poss moving to Dubai with my company.....well it would seem it really is happening and as I write I have two men carrying my belongings out of the house (and leaving muddy footprints everywhere)

I have been watching the posts and gathered some good information. I think the only thing left is to find a job for the boyfriend. He is an Insurance Broker in the City and wants similar or perhaps something else in Financial Services. Does anyone work in similar industry and can provide advice on how best to go about this/any good tips? He only has 3 years experience so he is still quite junior, alot of the jobs I have seen are for senior managers......

I will be out in the next few weeks to look for a place (I am leaning towards Springs as seem to be only place i can afford 2 beds) and get my visa sorted, and then looking to be out permanently mid-feb. I will be on my own initially so any advice on how to meet people would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

C

There are a number of organisations (see many other previous threads) who cater for young women coming to Dubai ahead of their boyfriends.

Get in touch with me by PM when you get here and I'll make sure you are given the right treatment.

zamboooka Jan 18th 2008 11:14 am

Have some job openings in Barclay's... if your dude's interested.. gimme a shout!
cheers and good luck

Quickyj Jan 18th 2008 1:32 pm

Thanks in advance

C

Hello hello,

I'm moving in a couple of weeks and keen to meet some people out there soon too...know 2 0r 3 people out there already but keen to know more, but be worth getting some new others together too. A guy emailed me the other day from here who is also moving...

i'll be in JBR.

londonguy28 Jan 18th 2008 5:50 pm

Thanks in advance

C

I'm sure you will meet some nice people out there as I have found people nice on this site.... (hope they all like this).....

Best of luck... I'll be moving over myself in a few weeks so lets all meet up some evening out there....

Confucius Jan 19th 2008 6:24 am

24 females!!!...I'm having a hard time handling 4,how the hell am I supposed to cope???

Madam Medusa Jan 19th 2008 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5808927)
24 females!!!...I'm having a hard time handling 4,how the hell am I supposed to cope???

you're a lebo...it's in the genes

MM, xx

Confucius Jan 19th 2008 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5809024)

MM, xx

Yes...A lion never changes it's spots...

Madam Medusa Jan 19th 2008 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5809035)

too true, too true...

MM, xx

Inselaffen Jan 19th 2008 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5809035)

actually incorrect. Lion cubs are born with brown spots which fade with maturity. So lions do change their spots!

Eva Jan 19th 2008 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5809024)

MM, xx

Out the genes quite a bit too.....

Madam Medusa Jan 19th 2008 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5809499)
actually incorrect. Lion cubs are born with brown spots which fade with maturity. So lions do change their spots!

smartarse...

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Jan 19th 2008 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 5809500)
Out the genes quite a bit too.....

hahahahaha....so i hear....

MM, xx

Inselaffen Jan 19th 2008 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5809501)
smartarse...

MM, xx

such a pity Im not on quiz nights :rofl: