23 year old part qualified CIMA accountant

23 year old part qualified CIMA accountant

Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

AllieCrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 23 year old part qualified CIMA accountant

Hi there,

Need some advice .......

I'm looking to move to Dubai between September and November this year but don't know where to start with the job hunting.

I'm part qualifed CIMA and I haven't actually found on the web any agencies which specifically deal with accountancy staff.

The plan was to gain sponsorship whilst being in the UK then move but I think I'm going to have to come over on a visitors VISA until I find a job. Anyone any ideas ?

Is it too early to start looking for work ?

I am coming to Dubai for a week in May, should I line interviews up for that week. I have absolutely no idea what the staff turnover is like over there, or how much in advance companies look for staff to join their firms.

I would really appreciate as much info as possible as I've been wanting to make this move since I was 18.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 23 year old part qualified CIMA accountant

Welcome to the site....you'll find loads of recruitment places in the FAQ's, so look through there.

Come over on a visitor visa and meet the agents, tell them your coming to see them between such and such dates and they will more likely try and hook you up than if you weren't there to meet them.

Goodluck
Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:11 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 23 year old part qualified CIMA accountant

Originally Posted by AllieCrane
Hi there,

Need some advice .......

I'm looking to move to Dubai between September and November this year but don't know where to start with the job hunting.

I'm part qualifed CIMA and I haven't actually found on the web any agencies which specifically deal with accountancy staff.

The plan was to gain sponsorship whilst being in the UK then move but I think I'm going to have to come over on a visitors VISA until I find a job. Anyone any ideas ?

Is it too early to start looking for work ?

I am coming to Dubai for a week in May, should I line interviews up for that week. I have absolutely no idea what the staff turnover is like over there, or how much in advance companies look for staff to join their firms.

I would really appreciate as much info as possible as I've been wanting to make this move since I was 18.
Hi Allie Crane. Welcome to the site.

I agree with Bob sed. There is no better tactic than that. Also, remember that UK passport holders are issued visas upon arrival at Dubai Airport, so there is no need to get one from the U.A.E Embassy here in London.

If u have any other q's, dont hesitate to ask. Enjoy the site!