Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

110-130k Villas in Abu Dhabi. Good Bad & Ugly?

110-130k Villas in Abu Dhabi. Good Bad & Ugly?

Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

dohadesertdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 110-130k Villas in Abu Dhabi. Good Bad & Ugly?

Im hoping to relocate from Doha to Abu Dhabi in the next 1-2 months and am trying to scope out accomodation. My allowance is 110 but from what ive seen online i will likely need to top that up, which is fine to the tune of around 130 if required.

Im coming over to AD in next couple of weeks to do some reconnaisance and would really appreciate any reccomendations as well as warnings (!) that could help me plan where I need to be looking.

I am hoping for a 2-3 bedroom compound or stand alone villa. i'll be working in Khalifa Park so the Al Reef development and Khalifa Zones seem ok from a location point of view?

Pretty generic info I know but I'm really lookin for on the ground info to guide my search. Many thanks in advance.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 110-130k Villas in Abu Dhabi. Good Bad & Ugly?

Lots of new build compounds around Khalifa Park but I guess over budget at around 180k upwards.

We're in an oldish 4-bed villa in that part of town and pay 126k.

Have a look at Rihan Heights at Zayed Sports City. High rise apartments but designed and developed by Singaporeans so top notch and very different to usual UAE towers.

You could try Raha Gardens as quite close with the new bridge
Old Jan 8th 2013, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

coming with our 'Doha Special' dog and having lived in an apartment for 3 years in Doha, the last year in a villa has been bliss. Definitely looking for a villa over an apartment currently.

any tips on good websites, im using propertyfinder.ae at the moment

Cheers
Old Jan 8th 2013, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

At that budget, I think Al Reef might be your best bet - though it is a bit far out of town for my taste. I have friends who live there, and really like it - one also has a dog, and chose it as reasonably dog-friendly. Al Raha Gardens is likely to be above your budget, I think. Commute to Khalifa Park from Al Reef should be quite reasonable. Otherwise, there are an ever increasing number of villas and small compounds in Khalifa City A (KCA) coming available - some of them might well be within your budget.

Try dubizzle, aljar, llj, aztec and betterhomes also - and there are more. Most UAE property websites are full of junk, long-ago rented houses, and so on - but persistence and time will reveal many suitable options.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

having spent a couple of hours looking today i think the places on Khalifa A at around 150 look exactly what we are looking for, may just have to bite the bullet!

to me Al Reef looks very compact and crammed in, much like Ain Khaled Gate copound here in Doha which is not for us one bit.

Khalifa B they look the size we're looking for but slightly older and not as nice insde

khalifa A seem to be similar in size (3 beds im talking about) to Khalifa B but more modern decor/fittings and is obviously closer to the action on the islnad, hence the price hike.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Be aware that there are several developments in Al Reef - some are definitely better in layout than others (but I don't know what ones to look at, you'll need to visit yourself or speak to someone who lives there). Also, remember that you can haggle - I eventually managed to get my villa for over 20% less than they were originally asking, but that was when prices were dropping, and I had done a lot of legwork and research, and could prove to the letting agent what other similar villas had dropped to - I'm not sure what the situation is now.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dohadesertdog
Im hoping to relocate from Doha to Abu Dhabi in the next 1-2 months and am trying to scope out accomodation. My allowance is 110 but from what ive seen online i will likely need to top that up, which is fine to the tune of around 130 if required.

Im coming over to AD in next couple of weeks to do some reconnaisance and would really appreciate any reccomendations as well as warnings (!) that could help me plan where I need to be looking.

I am hoping for a 2-3 bedroom compound or stand alone villa. i'll be working in Khalifa Park so the Al Reef development and Khalifa Zones seem ok from a location point of view?

Pretty generic info I know but I'm really lookin for on the ground info to guide my search. Many thanks in advance.
ummmm you will be lucky, for that money you can go to al reef, 2 bed terrace villa is around 110, you will not get a stand alone villa for that money, apartments in khalifa park are nice too.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

having spent a couple of hours looking today i think the places on Khalifa A at around 150 look exactly what we are looking for, may just have to bite the bullet!

to me Al Reef looks very compact and crammed in, much like Ain Khaled Gate copound here in Doha which is not for us one bit.

Khalifa B they look the size we're looking for but slightly older and not as nice insde

khalifa A seem to be similar in size (3 beds im talking about) to Khalifa B but more modern decor/fittings and is obviously closer to the action on the islnad, hence the price hike.
al reef is called coronation street, kca is more expensive than kcb, you will get more space at kcb and they are not not any older, there are new builds going up all the time in kca and kcb, its just the luck of the draw finding them. kca is no closer to the island than kcb, you just go down a different road, in fact it has much quicker roads so in fact it can take less time than kca obviously depending on where you start out. if you wanted to commute to khalifa park you can do from all reef over the new bridge, from kca or kcb no problem. the price hike as you say in kca is that more people prefer it as its got shops.... but in kcb there is a new mall just 5 mins or so away.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by archie159
Be aware that there are several developments in Al Reef - some are definitely better in layout than others (but I don't know what ones to look at, you'll need to visit yourself or speak to someone who lives there). Also, remember that you can haggle - I eventually managed to get my villa for over 20% less than they were originally asking, but that was when prices were dropping, and I had done a lot of legwork and research, and could prove to the letting agent what other similar villas had dropped to - I'm not sure what the situation is now.
contemporary is the later one on al reef with arabian being the first i think. they are all the same size house, its the outside that is different, there is shade for cars on the first phases not on the last phase, skimping....
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

i think i have narrrowed dow to between two options:
3 bed villa at Al Raha approx 145-150
or
4 bed at Al Reef approx 130-140.
Im comparing 3 to 4 bed because the 3 bed at AL Reef looks pretty pokey.

The significant negative im hearing/reading about ARG is the issue of ALDAR contractors and rates as well as high AC charges due to district cooling. Is this also the case at AR??

Id also appreciate it if anyone could update me on the comparative facilities? Most of the threads on thses compounds seem to be at least two years old and there is conflicting info about what is avialbale at each?

Cheers in advance
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

for that money you will not find anything nice on island really they are all in the 200k mark, go to al reef, go over the new bridge and along channel st wont take that long. kca is more expensive.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i think i have narrrowed dow to between two options:
3 bed villa at Al Raha approx 145-150
or
4 bed at Al Reef approx 130-140.
Im comparing 3 to 4 bed because the 3 bed at AL Reef looks pretty pokey.

The significant negative im hearing/reading about ARG is the issue of ALDAR contractors and rates as well as high AC charges due to district cooling. Is this also the case at AR??

Id also appreciate it if anyone could update me on the comparative facilities? Most of the threads on thses compounds seem to be at least two years old and there is conflicting info about what is avialbale at each?

Cheers in advance
addc prices can be like 2k a month, but i think that raha gardens have come down a lot with district cooling if you are in a part that is occupied, it was at the beginning a lot of money, now its just the same as other villas with normal ac etc.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update people on what the situation is like for those looking for villas with budgets around 100-120k in Abu Dhabi.

You would read a lot of stuff on how "new property" is coming to town, and how there is an over supply, all that is true, if you can spend 150k+ a year.

For those looking to rent at around 100k, there is precious little in terms of villas.
80% of the "villa" search results for 2 beds in Dubizzle are all illegal units within villas.

The only affordable legal ones are in Reef, the 2 beds going for ~90k, though the rooms and living area are quite small.

In Khalifa city, there are no 2 bed independent units, some of the cheaper 3 beds are 125k and above.

It is surprising how few options there are for people who want 2 beds without spending 110+
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

maxima - couldnt agree more. coming from qatar we have been spoiled for space and as such dont want to come and down-size. i viewed some places on Saturday in AD and have decided to up my budget in order to get something i know ill be happy in.

Hoping to find an available 4 bed in Al Reef having viewed one on Saturday although apparently they're currently like rocking horse sh*t!!