Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

100 million quid mosque

100 million quid mosque

Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:32 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default 100 million quid mosque

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/p...te+now/poll.do

Apparently London Council are planning the biggest mosque in the UK to celebrate the olympics being held there in 2012. Are you for or against, vote on line.

GA
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

hyperMutley will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 100 million quid mosque

rubbish, the vote is rigged. dont believe more yes than nay. who is paying for this? i aint having anyone spend my hard earned and grudgingly parted with tax £££s spent on this crap. if they claim to fight for their brothers, why not gift that the £100m to their afghani and iraqi brothers and sisters who are suffering due to the atrocities of the west. all they need for prayers really is a mat and clear view of the east (is it?)

:curse: :curse: :curse:
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

hyperMutley will become famous soon enough

ps. i am not anti-moslem or anything, i am anti-Tablighi Jamaat. its because of establishments like these that moslems in the west have a hard time
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:47 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

This poll is rigged. It implies (by omission) that the mosque would be paid for out of pubic funds - which is clearly not the case.

But is is clear from the comments that people are jumping to the wrong conclusion.

All that appears to be happening is that planning permission is being sought by a 'Muslim sect'. The public will have the same rights to make representations as they would have with any other large project.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
This poll is rigged. It implies (by omission) that the mosque would be paid for out of pubic funds - which is clearly not the case.

But is is clear from the comments that people are jumping to the wrong conclusion.

All that appears to be happening is that planning permission is being sought by a 'Muslim sect'. The public will have the same rights to make representations as they would have with any other large project.
London-many cultures.

Minority and second class if you are:

1. white
2. born in UK
3. Parents were born in UK
4. Thier parents were born in UK
5. Thier parents parents were born in UK
6. have ethnic surnames such as Jones Smith, Harvey,

the list is endless

what a shit state of affairs that really is.......

If we dont comply or voice our dissaproval of Dubai's culture, we are on a one way flight out of here

Same rules should apply.

I would be absolutely gutted to find out that my earnings are in someway contributing to this...

Let them fund their own mosque.

and for the record, it is not an anti moslem sentment here, i think that the god botherers of Jehova, Christian and whatever faith should also fund their own religion.

Surely no-one actually beleives in all that jiggery pokery anyway

There is only one religion

Jedi
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to jump on the bandwagon and complain about how we'd be kicked out of here for not complying with local customs, rules etc so therefore the foreigners in our home country should be sent back to their homes for the same reasons.

But when you think about it....I believe there's a christian church or 2 in Dubai....we're not short of pubs/clubs.....We've been accommodated quite well.

This might sounds contradictory to my posting a week or so ago in reference to the muslims wanting the local council to provide them with their own swimming pool ......but if it's taxpayer funds involved then piss off I say.
If you want to start it yourself from your own cash then I think it should be ok.

Of course - with the rate of immigration in the UK maybe one day foreigners will outnumber locals and therefore contribute more to the tax fund and it will be the locals who will have to 'piss off'.

Last edited by Jeeper; Mar 29th 2007 at 7:22 am. Reason: Had more to say....
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:47 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=arbroath_abroad;4576047]If we dont comply or voice our dissaproval of Dubai's culture, we are on a one way flight out of here

What utter tripe. I take it you haven't been reading the letters pages of 7 Days, and indeed this forum for very long!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:10 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=littlejimmy;4576619]
Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
If we dont comply or voice our dissaproval of Dubai's culture, we are on a one way flight out of here

What utter tripe. I take it you haven't been reading the letters pages of 7 Days, and indeed this forum for very long!
He comes from a land where eating deep fried and battered mars bars and pies is considered a delicacy!

And you expect him to be able to read too???
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:42 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MJC;4576865]
Originally Posted by littlejimmy

He comes from a land where eating deep fried and battered mars bars and pies is considered a delicacy!

Not to mention pizzas.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:48 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=littlejimmy;4576956]
Originally Posted by MJC
Not to mention pizzas.
Deep-Fried Pizzas

Suck me sideways, that's just gross!

Last edited by MJC; Mar 29th 2007 at 10:59 am. Reason: F*^#in Smoggy Police!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:53 am
Excess Baggage

[QUOTE=MJC;4576976]

Deep-Fried Pizza's

Suck me sideways, that's just gross!
Indeed. Now take that superfluous apostrophe away with you.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=littlejimmy;4576997]
Originally Posted by MJC
Indeed. Now take that superfluous apostrophe away with you.
Hey - that's MY job!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:37 pm
Excess Baggage

[QUOTE=Jeeper;4577648]

Hey - that's MY job!
The surprising bit is that he understood what I meant.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=littlejimmy;4576619]
Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad

In your opinion obviously. This anonymous forum allows you to say what you feel.

So would you stand and protest with an anti muslem banner or partake in an anti UAE rally.

I dont think so.

Just cause some keyboard hardmen spout off on the internet or send anonymous letters to 7 days does not change my opinion of the way this country is run

and also, Just cause i am a new poster on this forum, please dont let that detract you from the fact that i have been living here full time quite a while and frequently working here for over 10 years.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=MJC;4576865]

Have you tried them?? just looked at your photo's, i would say yes, to excess.

In for your info. I have Never Ever had a deep fried mars bar or pizza or anything like that. You will find that these types of food are pretty restricted to the west coast of Scotland ala Glasgow, and as i come from a fishing town on the east coast, the only thing we deep fry is Haddock and chips.

hmmmm north east of england................people in glass houses springs to mind

Last edited by arbroath_abroad; Mar 30th 2007 at 5:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.