1 of 2 get a job

Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

WaqasKhawaja is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 1 of 2 get a job

Hi again,

Following on from my other post (don't want to combine the questions as its a separate issue)

As my wife has (almost) been offered offered a position. Is it worth coming over with only one of us working? would it be sustainable?

I know it depends on what the contract offers (hospital accom, or 3 month probation before family can come over) but in your option?

While we're there, would it be better for both for us to get a married visa>? or for her to get a married visa, and for me to get a single visa???
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Becci_Neil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1 of 2 get a job

Originally Posted by WaqasKhawaja
Hi again,

Following on from my other post (don't want to combine the questions as its a separate issue)

As my wife has (almost) been offered offered a position. Is it worth coming over with only one of us working? would it be sustainable?

I know it depends on what the contract offers (hospital accom, or 3 month probation before family can come over) but in your option?

While we're there, would it be better for both for us to get a married visa>? or for her to get a married visa, and for me to get a single visa???
Hiya,

We're coming over as a married couple and only hubby has the job. Due to married status, his contract includes benefits for me. Obiously I have no idea how its going to work financially yet. I'll definitely be looking for a job bt from the sounds of things I think we'l be fine. and you're right, depends on terms of contracts and what the ONE job is offerng.

u mentioned before you were from midlands?? I'm from cannock. leaving for al ain aug 24th
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Becci_Neil
Hiya,

We're coming over as a married couple and only hubby has the job. Due to married status, his contract includes benefits for me. Obiously I have no idea how its going to work financially yet. I'll definitely be looking for a job bt from the sounds of things I think we'l be fine. and you're right, depends on terms of contracts and what the ONE job is offerng.

u mentioned before you were from midlands?? I'm from cannock. leaving for al ain aug 24th
No way im from Walsall, but work in Lichfield. and we going to AD for a short break on the 28th Aug!!
I went over the finances that have been offered to the wife and umm it looks good.
I have my cousin there (who is here for the summer holidays and she has been filling me in with little bits and bobs. But what my wife will be on should be able to sustain us for a bit while I get a job myself!
Only problem is:
They might only provided single occupancy accommodation - so i will have to stay with cousins
that British passport visa is only for 60 days....what if i don't get a job then that?? will i be deported?!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

No way im from Walsall, but work in Lichfield. and we going to AD for a short break on the 28th Aug!!
I went over the finances that have been offered to the wife and umm it looks good.
I have my cousin there (who is here for the summer holidays and she has been filling me in with little bits and bobs. But what my wife will be on should be able to sustain us for a bit while I get a job myself!
Only problem is:
They might only provided single occupancy accommodation - so i will have to stay with cousins
that British passport visa is only for 60 days....what if i don't get a job then that?? will i be deported?!
I LOVE lichfield! thats where i want to live in a few years when we move back to the UK. small world!

I really wouldn't like to say cus i dont now for sure. See i ws lucky, hubby's job was married status so I get to go with him.

Yes normal passport visa is for 60 days but thought as long as you leave UAE after 60 and come back it was ok!?!?! the visa run as everyone calls it.

if you're married, and your wife works out there on a work visa, do you not get a spouse visa??

Sorry, definitely not the expert on this subject. Sure someone will put me straight soon as they read
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Only problem is:
It's 30 days, and you can just cross the border with Oman and re-enter the UAE right away, so you won't get deported
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Nurses can sponsor their husbands, shouldn't be a problem, check with the hospital though. If not you will get a visa when you gain employment, what line of work are you in?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Nurses can sponsor their husbands, shouldn't be a problem, check with the hospital though. If not you will get a visa when you gain employment, what line of work are you in?
im in the ever the worst one! Construction!!! Project Engineer. So slim chances of finding a job from here!!

didn't realise it was 30 days. where did 60 days come in? or can the 30 days be extended to 60??

initial communications say that after the 3 month probation the hospital will sponsor the spouse visa...but im sure that can be negotiated
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

im in the ever the worst one! Construction!!! Project Engineer. So slim chances of finding a job from here!!

didn't realise it was 30 days. where did 60 days come in? or can the 30 days be extended to 60??

initial communications say that after the 3 month probation the hospital will sponsor the spouse visa...but im sure that can be negotiated
It was 60 days before but changed to 30 days. I think an extention is possible for 500dhs or something, so its way cheaper to hop over to Oman.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Euc-
It's 30 days, and you can just cross the border with Oman and re-enter the UAE right away, so you won't get deported
is it as simple as there??

what fee are involved ?? if any?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

is it as simple as there??

what fee are involved ?? if any?
about 500 dhs if you do it via Immigration but less than a 100 at the border - I think, while since I did one
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

calipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nice

I know someone just been made an offer in USA to come over.
What line of Engineering are you in?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becci_Neil
I LOVE lichfield! thats where i want to live in a few years when we move back to the UK. small world!

I really wouldn't like to say cus i dont now for sure. See i ws lucky, hubby's job was married status so I get to go with him.

Yes normal passport visa is for 60 days but thought as long as you leave UAE after 60 and come back it was ok!?!?! the visa run as everyone calls it.

if you're married, and your wife works out there on a work visa, do you not get a spouse visa??

Sorry, definitely not the expert on this subject. Sure someone will put me straight soon as they read
yes its now 30 days not 60 since the beg of year.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes its now 30 days not 60 since the beg of year.
Yes, my mistake - it says that above - but thanks for pointing it out again
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by calipso
I know someone just been made an offer in USA to come over.
What line of Engineering are you in?
Project Engineer - civils sector. But I have more experience as a design engineer. Why do you ask, you offering me Job??