Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

£11,000 for London bomb victims

£11,000 for London bomb victims

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default £11,000 for London bomb victims

I don't mean to be insensitive and i'm probably going to upset some people but...

Why should the government give them anything?

please don't get emmotive on me....i'm just asking.

i.e. does life insurance not cover acts of terrorism or something?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:32 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: £11,000 for London bomb victims

Originally Posted by kelvynd
I don't mean to be insensitive and i'm probably going to upset some people but...

Isn't it something to do with Victim fund eg. if you get mugged you get some kind of compensation.

This is just a thought not sure if its true but maybe its because if you get injured through a crime the police/goverment ect. are not doing the job we pay them for through taxes therefore we get compensation???
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

What i'm getting at is it's not the governments fault (and don't forget the government is representative of the public). So why should the public pay for someone elses actions?

If someone I knew was killed in an act of terrorism i'd want compensation from those responsible......not from people I live and work with (which is effectively where this 11,000 comes from).
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:36 am

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

What i'm getting at is it's not the governments fault (and don't forget the government is representative of the public). So why should the public pay for someone elses actions?

If someone I knew was killed in an act of terrorism i'd want compensation from those responsible......not from people I live and work with (which is effectively where this 11,000 comes from).

But isn't it the police's job to protect us.................. I am not saying this is right but I think thats where the victims fund thing comes in not just terroism any crime, I know loads of people that got payments after being inured through muggings or attacks in London.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sassy
Isn't it something to do with Victim fund eg. if you get mugged you get some kind of compensation.

This is just a thought not sure if its true but maybe its because if you get injured through a crime the police/goverment ect. are not doing the job we pay them for through taxes therefore we get compensation???
That is a fair point.

(they probably have to pay tax on that )
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:10 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

That is a fair point.

(they probably have to pay tax on that )
I see your points but its a little rich coming from someone who is probably not paying ANYBODY ANY tax !
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tangram
I see your points but its a little rich coming from someone who is probably not paying ANYBODY ANY tax !
YEAH - the comment on tax was un-called for an not in good taste.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Probably is the governments fault for getting us in this mess in the first place!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:24 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

But isn't it the police's job to protect us
nope

polices' job is to catch criminals.

Intelligence such as MI5/MI6 is to prevent threats of national security.

life insurance does cover terrorism.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
nope

polices' job is to catch criminals.

Intelligence such as MI5/MI6 is to prevent threats of national security.

life insurance does cover terrorism.
You have taken part of my quote which is not exactly what i was talking about..
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

You have taken part of my quote which is not exactly what i was talking about..
shouldn't have typed it then...
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

i think sassy has made some very valid points, perhaps you've misunderstood
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:25 am

should have read all instead of one line then maybe you would have got it
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:20 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Good question mate.....

I think most governments around the World give their citizens some sort of compensation for natural disaster or other sorts of catastrophic events...

errrrrrrmmmmm...... Didnt they do the same for 9/11 victims and the Lockerbie victims as well?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:13 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
Good question mate.....

I think most governments around the World give their citizens some sort of compensation for natural disaster or other sorts of catastrophic events...

errrrrrrmmmmm...... Didnt they do the same for 9/11 victims and the Lockerbie victims as well?
Yes 9/11 victims families received $2 million each ( source BBC website )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.