Who is from Yorkshire?

Who is from Yorkshire?

Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Location: St Clair, Michigan. Looking over the river at Canada as I write this
mgwoody is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who is from Yorkshire?

Originally Posted by made in sheffield
r8 pal ,welcome to the states ,hope your transition go,s well ,what brought you over here? there,s wednesday fans all over the world cause we,re MASSIVE !
I'm another Newbie.....living in St Clair Michigan since May 2011. Set myself up on this site while living over in the UK. Orginally from Sheffield (Tasker Road in Crookes). My only claim to fame is having Joe Cocker as my neighbour

My team being the other side of the city "The Blades" and I like watching the rugby, but sadly nothing seems to be doing over here...or is there?
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We always made the journey into town to see the Christmas lights. They were supposed to be the best in the country...or at least they were when I was a child.

I remember all those places. Do you remember the Mucky Duck and the chestnut seller at the top of Snig Hill? Our bus station was at the bottom of Snig Hill. I had a Saturday job at BHS when I was at school.

Thank you. She was the best and Cavs are lovely dogs...she was our 5th Cav.
Nice one for your memories, I haven't heard the Black Swan called the Mucky Duck for years. We would meet in there and then go on to Baileys nightclub. I also remember places like the Blue Bell, Crazy Daisey and Faces. The Heartbeat if you want to go back further. I remember the chestnut seller and does anybody remember Pond Street Norah...the old lady tramp that lived in the bus station. Happy days. My ex-father in law lives on Woolley Wood Road, Shiregreen. I'm in Michigan now

Sorry to hear about your dog....we brought all four of our dogs over the pond with us...cost us a fortune.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mgwoody
Nice one for your memories, I haven't heard the Black Swan called the Mucky Duck for years. We would meet in there and then go on to Baileys nightclub. I also remember places like the Blue Bell, Crazy Daisey and Faces. The Heartbeat if you want to go back further. I remember the chestnut seller and does anybody remember Pond Street Norah...the old lady tramp that lived in the bus station. Happy days. My ex-father in law lives on Woolley Wood Road, Shiregreen. I'm in Michigan now

Sorry to hear about your dog....we brought all four of our dogs over the pond with us...cost us a fortune.
Welcome to BE.

My sister and I often laugh at the name Woolley Wood Road. We used to walk through the park to Woolley Wood and play in the playground.

The only club I remember is The Heartbeat. I remember Pete Stringfellow's first club The Mojo in Pitsmoor. Met him a few times...my friend's brothers were his friends...he sometimes called at their house.

I don't remember Norah...our bus didn't go from Pond Street Station.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Welcome to BE.

My sister and I often laugh at the name Woolley Wood Road. We used to walk through the park to Woolley Wood and play in the playground.

The only club I remember is The Heartbeat. I remember Pete Stringfellow's first club The Mojo in Pitsmoor. Met him a few times...my friend's brothers were his friends...he sometimes called at their house.

I don't remember Norah...our bus didn't go from Pond Street Station.
Pete Stringfellow now there is a Sheffield name you don't forget. I had friends that worked on his nightclubs...doing all the fixtures and fittings. You will remember the Buccaneer then and the Broadwalk. West Street was the place to do any pub crawls. Love Sheffield
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:59 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

The only club I remember is The Heartbeat.
We had a Heartbeat in Bradford -- used to go with all my girlfriends and dance round our handbags . . .
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mgwoody
Pete Stringfellow now there is a Sheffield name you don't forget. I had friends that worked on his nightclubs...doing all the fixtures and fittings. You will remember the Buccaneer then and the Broadwalk. West Street was the place to do any pub crawls. Love Sheffield
I do indeed...all those names are a blast from the past.

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
We had a Heartbeat in Bradford -- used to go with all my girlfriends and dance round our handbags . . .
I remember those days too.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Just come back from Helmley - very nice little North Yorks town - DH loved it!!! Nice trip across the moors
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

pTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Just come back from Helmley - very nice little North Yorks town - DH loved it!!! Nice trip across the moors
I think that you missed a 's' somewhere...
Old Dec 28th 2011, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pTeronaut
I think that you missed a 's' somewhere...
Ha! Tried to type using kindle hence the spelling mistakes!
Took him to Yarm, Stocksley, Guisbro, Redcar (blimey) Stewarts park, Helmsly and Whitby - Oh and into Middlesbro centre which was jam packed!
He had a taste of North East life and just loves the history of the old churches/buildings etc
He couldnt understand a word anyone said mind you - and it seemed no one could understand him!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

TopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond repute

Spooky!! We were in Helmsley on Boxing Day, lunch at the Black Swan (posh - so never called Mucky Duck!!!). Lunch next day in Redcar - one extreme to the other
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TopSec
Spooky!! We were in Helmsley on Boxing Day, lunch at the Black Swan (posh - so never called Mucky Duck!!!). Lunch next day in Redcar - one extreme to the other
Oh the Black Swan - posh!!! We ate at the Feathers (I think) and DH loved the Edinbro Wool Shop (think its called that) but we couldnt find a decent cup of coffee in the place! Its a wonder you didnt spot probably the only other American in the place- he had a great big Fedora hat on!!!!

The drive to Teesside across the moors is a bit lonely tho - i didnt like all the bends!!! Lunch in Redcar - where the heck did u eat? and what are they doing to the prom? theres a big wall so you cant see the sea! it did look bleak i must say. I gone to but hate driving up that bank!
Old Dec 29th 2011, 9:43 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markaspden
Hi, I am from Northallerton, North Yorkshire. living in Alabama since 1996
We were in Northallerton today....stroll along the High Street, cream tea in Barkers, picked up some decent outdoor gear at Turners. Place was looking good, well, it always does, but especially so at Christmas
Old Dec 29th 2011, 9:46 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
and what are they doing to the prom? theres a big wall so you cant see the sea! it did look bleak i must say.
Yeah, made an even bigger mess of it than it was before. And thats saying something! And whats with the "vertical pier" bollocks....?

Good turnout for the boxing day dip this year (didn't see you, by the way)- something to do with the incredibly mild weather perhaps.....bet they got a shock when they found the sea was still total brass monkeys
Old Dec 30th 2011, 2:31 am
Banned

gromo007 is just really nicegromo007 is just really nicegromo007 is just really nicegromo007 is just really nicegromo007 is just really nicegromo007 is just really nicegromo007 is just really nicegromo007 is just really nice

another Leeds fan here now in Houston
Old Dec 30th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
We were in Northallerton today....stroll along the High Street, cream tea in Barkers, picked up some decent outdoor gear at Turners. Place was looking good, well, it always does, but especially so at Christmas
We never got to Northallerton - ran out of time - cream tea sounds good tho!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.