Who is from Yorkshire?

Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Jase1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who is from Yorkshire?

I am from Whitby in north Yorkshire! Currently living in Miami
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jase1974
Welcome to BE fellow Yorkie.

Quite a few of the people posting in the US forums live in the Sunshine State...several in Miami.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Thank you , tbh I haven't heard an English accent since I've been here which is 10 months, I'll keep my eye out on the forum
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Hi I am from York and live in Windermere (next to Orlando)
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Hi I am from York and live in Windermere (next to Orlando)
How's it going, I used to live on terry street when I went to college in York, do you go back often
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

How's it going, I used to live on terry street when I went to college in York, do you go back often
We lived in Clifton Moor, still have our house there which we are renting out. We haven't been back yet as we have 'only' been here 22 months, we were hoping to go back next year but I don't think we will be able to afford it, there is still so much to see here too

How are you finding life down in Miami? Other than the lack of English speaking I have never been down that far yet but we hope too at some point.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 3:18 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Whitbys come up in a few threads recently....fish n chips, kippers etc I'm from Guisborough, so not far away. I was at the pub at the top of the bank down into Whitby in February for my sisters wedding. The place was looking good with a light dusting of snow....
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
We lived in Clifton Moor, still have our house there which we are renting out. We haven't been back yet as we have 'only' been here 22 months, we were hoping to go back next year but I don't think we will be able to afford it, there is still so much to see here too

How are you finding life down in Miami? Other than the lack of English speaking I have never been down that far yet but we hope too at some point.
Oh right clifton moor eh, good shopping there , I sold my house as I couldn't be doing with the hassle collecting rent etc, I think it's cheaper to buy tickets from the uk rather than from the US, well it is with British airways I payed 325 return from Newcastle---->heathrow----->Miami but that was just me, it gets expensive if there's a few of ya.

Yeah Miami is ok, different living here rather than a tourist, it's expensive especially accommodation and car insurance, the weather is better than home tho, I haven't been anywhere else in the US so don't have anything to compare it to, you should visit tho it's a cool place
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Whitbys come up in a few threads recently....fish n chips, kippers etc I'm from Guisborough, so not far away. I was at the pub at the top of the bank down into Whitby in February for my sisters wedding. The place was looking good with a light dusting of snow....
Aye aye guisborough eh, you don't know a lad called dean barker from guisborough do ya ? I think the pub your on about is the angel, the fish n chips are top notch especially fuscos on baxtergate, that's one thing I did miss at Christmas was the snow it was wierd being 30 degrees on Christmas day
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

chayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond repute

The last holiday that I had before I became an expat was in Whitby, well when I say holiday it really was a delayed honeymoon. I have relatives there and every holiday as a kid was spent there, I had sent pictures to my then to be future wife and she really wanted to go there. We had a great week staying on the old side of the harbor, that place has hardly changed in the many years that we have been going there. Do you know the Keyworth's at all, they are my relations over there.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Stoutbanana has a brilliant futureStoutbanana has a brilliant futureStoutbanana has a brilliant futureStoutbanana has a brilliant futureStoutbanana has a brilliant futureStoutbanana has a brilliant future

I lived in Bramhope, Otley and Harrogate for well over 50 years...
Old Jul 17th 2013, 9:25 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Click to play this summer's Yorkshire version of a chart song.

https://soundcloud.com/#hirstycapita...-hirstys-daily
Old Jul 17th 2013, 11:50 am
Just Joined

EnglishSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Married2abrit
My husband is from Harrogate in North Yorkshire.
What's his name? I'm from Harrogate too. Would be funny if we knew each other! I went to Granby High School, and was a frequent visitor to the Blues Bar. Mostly worked downtown at Lawyer's offices. I live in Augusta, Ga now.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 11:56 am
Just Joined

EnglishSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jemima55
How about a virtual Yorkshire Christmas? In Knaresborough we have the Nativity with a real donkey on Christmas Eve in the Market Square and on Boxing Day a Tug o` war across the river Nidd between the two pub teams from the Mother Shiptons and the Half Moon. First team in the drink`s the losers. Oh, god, now I`m homesick!
I'm from Harrogate! Been to Knaresborough loads of times. My friends own the Worlds End pub. Sometimes I do miss it, but I'm settled here in Georgia. Would be nice to get together with a bunch of Yorkshire people though, just to talk about old times and places we remember.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ruth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishSue
I'm from Harrogate! Been to Knaresborough loads of times. My friends own the Worlds End pub. Sometimes I do miss it, but I'm settled here in Georgia. Would be nice to get together with a bunch of Yorkshire people though, just to talk about old times and places we remember.
Where abouts in GA, I have family I visit in Roswell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.