Who is from Yorkshire?

Who is from Yorkshire?

Old Mar 18th 2013, 2:32 am
Just Joined

YorkshireEmma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who is from Yorkshire?

Two ore Wakey people... Yay!!! :-D
Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:51 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Not unless he's had a sex change and changed his name to Angela!
Well it's not beyond possibility
Old May 7th 2013, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

lynndy38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was so excited when I saw this thread!!!!

I'm from Hull, just moved over to NC a month ago to join my USC husband....feeling a little homesick already :-(
Old May 7th 2013, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

kirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nice

Hi lynndy38,

Where in N.C are you? I'm near Winston Salem
Old May 7th 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

lynndy38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,
I'm in Smithfield a few hours away I think. You gearing up for the hot and horribly humid summer? Where have you moved from and when?
Old May 7th 2013, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

kirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nice

Yes, summer is nearly here originally from Wakefield , been here 6 years now..we moved over as a family when my hubby got offered a job here.
Old May 13th 2013, 4:05 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Just been back to the UK for a week.

Fish & Chips at the Wetherby Whaler in Wakefield.
Beer in Harry's Bar.

Beer Festival at the Sportsman in Huddersfield.
More than a few pints in the West Riding Refreshment Rooms on Dewsbury station, Dewsbury and Batley Wetherspoons, The Tap Room (was the Wilton Arms) in Batley.
and an afternoon session in the Palace in Leeds (by Leeds Parish Church)

A short foray into S Yorks for beer at the Station Taps, Kelham Island Tavern and the Fat Cat in Sheffield.

A good half dozen or so pork pies from Metcalfe's in Cleckheaton, Cross's of Morley and Grange's of Slwaithwaite.

oh.... and I visited my parents in Dewsbury in between all that.
Old May 13th 2013, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

EnglishSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by g1ant

Beer in Harry's Bar.

More than a few pints in the West Riding Refreshment Rooms on Dewsbury station, Dewsbury and Batley Wetherspoons, The Tap Room (was the Wilton Arms) in Batley.

A short foray into S Yorks for beer at the Station Taps, Kelham Island Tavern and the Fat Cat in Sheffield.

A good half dozen or so pork pies from Metcalfe's in Cleckheaton, Cross's of Morley and Grange's of Slwaithwaite.

I'm from Harrogate! I miss the Blues Bar and Betty's!
Old May 13th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by g1ant

Beer in Harry's Bar.

Sounds wonderful
Old May 13th 2013, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KrisL1
Anyone from Yorkshire? I am orignially from North Yorkshire would be nice to know if anyone was from my part of the world living in the US now.
I'm from North Yorkshire too... Harrogate. Which town are you from? I'm living in Augusta, GA now.

Last edited by EnglishSue; May 13th 2013 at 7:59 pm. Reason: Put in town I live in now.
Old May 13th 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

JoJensen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EnglishSue
I am also from Harrogate. I used to work in Betty's many moons ago!
Old May 13th 2013, 9:43 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishSue
Originally Posted by JoJensen
I am also from Harrogate. I used to work in Betty's many moons ago!
Come on you guys, what kind of a tyke uses punctuation in Bettys!!!

For off-comed 'uns who are scratching their heads, here is the Bettys FAQ:

Why has your company adopted the spellings "Bettys and Taylors" instead of the correct "Betty's and Taylor's"?

Bettys lost its apostrophe around fifty years ago, so the exact explanation is lost in time. It's generally believed that the name was thought to look better without one - more distinctive, less messy - and as a brand name was not subject to the same rules as everyday words. Many trademarks and brand names eschew the rules for similar such reasons, even more so now thanks to the rise of the internet. Taylors has never had an apostrophe as the ā€˜sā€™ is a plural to reflect the fact that various family members were involved in the company.
Old May 14th 2013, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by made in sheffield
yorkshire born and bred
hard as nails
and good in bed !
Haven't heard that one in years!!! LOL~
Old May 14th 2013, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Come on you guys, what kind of a tyke uses punctuation in Bettys!!!

For off-comed 'uns who are scratching their heads, here is the Bettys FAQ:

Why has your company adopted the spellings "Bettys and Taylors" instead of the correct "Betty's and Taylor's"?

Bettys lost its apostrophe around fifty years ago, so the exact explanation is lost in time. It's generally believed that the name was thought to look better without one - more distinctive, less messy - and as a brand name was not subject to the same rules as everyday words. Many trademarks and brand names eschew the rules for similar such reasons, even more so now thanks to the rise of the internet. Taylors has never had an apostrophe as the ā€˜sā€™ is a plural to reflect the fact that various family members were involved in the company.
I guess I am a tyke... I stand corrected (
Old May 14th 2013, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Married2abrit
My husband is from Harrogate in North Yorkshire.
Where in Harrogate did he live... what's his name? This is a small world. I was sat in a bar in downtown Augusta one night and this girl and I started talking. Turns out she was from Harrogate and knew most of the people I knew, including my sister!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.