Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Trailing spouse in Houston!

Trailing spouse in Houston!

Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

TopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trailing spouse in Houston!

Yorkie,

The avatar is too small for me to work it out!

I saw from an earlier post of yours you mentioned veggie Atora - where did you get it from. I miss my dumplings

How's the MS150 training going?
Old Mar 19th 2011, 1:26 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TopSec View Post
Yorkie,

I saw from an earlier post of yours you mentioned veggie Atora - where did you get it from. I miss my dumplings

Veggie Atora from The British Isles Store - proper Atora from my cupboard
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:26 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yorkie,

Shame on you!! Its Roseberry Topping, on the northern edge of the North York Moors.

I get my atora either at the British Isles store, or sometimes I bring some back from the UK. I don't bring the real beef one back as I'm scared of those cute little dogs at the airport - they seem to like me. I've heard that you can put them off by wrapping the atora inside bag of coffee, or doing something unmentionable involving ziploc bags and your bottom, but I'm not that desperate for dumplings......

And continuing on the theme of sore bottoms - the training for the MS 150 is going well, thanks. Not got as many miles on my saddle as I would have liked at this stage, but reckon I'll be good to go on the day. Main concern is my arthritic right knee, but just got to keep the fingers crossed on that one. Which team did you ride with? I did Shell the last 2 years, but have switched to BP this year. Still training on the Conoco Phillips rides - Chappell Hill this weekend which should be good - a few hills at last to test that knee...

Last edited by Yorkieabroad; Mar 24th 2011 at 2:30 am.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

TopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, I should be embarrassed, we have a painting of Roseberry Topping on a wall at home!! I must admit that went through my mind when I squinted at it.

Thanks for Atora tips guys, will check out British Isles store. Found a good one in Woodlands too.

Glad training is going well, you never think you have done enough. Our team is Sun & Ski but not this year. We are back in UK for me to run London marathon. Had a mishap last week and fell whilst running in Memorial park and have bruised my ribs - training has come to a sudden stop!!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:25 am
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light

I'm between Spring and Tomball and would be up for a "get together"
Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:43 am
Welsh and proud in Texas

tigerbaywarrior is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Terminal View Post
I'm between Spring and Tomball and would be up for a "get together"
I'm in Spring. We may be the odd balls - everyone is either in Katy, Sugarland or out on 290.......
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:15 am
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tigerbaywarrior View Post
I'm in Spring. We may be the odd balls - everyone is either in Katy, Sugarland or out on 290.......
Well, if you want to meet up, let me know! I'm sure there are others too.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

There are a group of us that are in the Energy Corridor area that get together now and then. Send me a pm and I'll let you know what's happening.

I am heading to UK today for 5 weeks though
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:12 pm
Critical Circuits

There are a group of us that are in the Energy Corridor area that get together now and then. Send me a pm and I'll let you know what's happening.

I am heading to UK today for 5 weeks though
"Energy Corridor"? That's a new one on me!
Enjoy your trip!

Just seen a map, so you're near Katy around I-10? That's still a bit of a hike for me, but if you're planning a meet, I'll try to be there.

Last edited by Terminal; Jun 16th 2011 at 3:18 pm. Reason: Saw map!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Terminal,

It's the area around Eldridge Parkway/I10 intersection, so called I assume because of all the 'energy' companies offices that are there?!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Sharleene is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am from Aberdeen and will be arriving in Houston around mid August. I will be the one working and will have a trailing hubby We would love to join in any meet ups or liquid lunch plans

We are in our early 30s and my husband also plays football so will be keep to join any teams you know of.

No kids as of yet ;-)

Last edited by Sharleene; Jul 1st 2011 at 10:28 am.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sharleene, I think Yorkie (who has posted on this thread) is a male version of a trailing spouse Perhaps you should drop him a line direct?

Where are you going to be living in Houston, do you know yet?
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Sharleene is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi TopSec, not sure where we will be living yet. Looking for any advice thought My office is in the ZIP 77073 area and we will look for something near by (30/40 min drive).

How have you settled in? Any tips?

Have you guys had a meetup yet?

Cheers for the feedback
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

An obvious place for you to be would be The Woodlands which I think would be a short drive to your office. I think looking at your zip code you are to the North of Houston? Woodlands is a great living/shopping/eating community.

Not sure about any meet ups, I have met a group of ladies that I spend quite a bit of time with having coffee, cycling etc.

Not sure what tips you would like, feel free to email me privately if you want to ask some questions. An obvious thing if you are arriving mid August is be prepared for the heat! It will be hot and sticky 24/7!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharleene View Post
Hi TopSec, not sure where we will be living yet. Looking for any advice thought My office is in the ZIP 77073 area and we will look for something near by (30/40 min drive).

How have you settled in? Any tips?

Have you guys had a meetup yet?

Cheers for the feedback
Spring Trails is a nice neighborhood closer to your work but also convenient to shopping in the Woodlands.
Look at HAR.com to find houses for sale besides the new ones featured on the website. Zip is77386 or you can search subdivision=Spring Trails.

Here's another Bender's Landing which has bigger lots and is pricier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.