British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Meet-ups (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/)
-   -   State College (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/state-college-887165/)

Susib Nov 8th 2016 12:54 pm

State College

Hi,Any Brits in or around,State College PA

steveq Nov 8th 2016 5:27 pm

Re: State College

Originally Posted by Susib (Post 12098629)
Hi,Any Brits in or around,State College PA

Me and Mrs Q.....
There are quite a host of other ex-pats here too. We have found a fair nest....I arranged a meet-up for Leeds University grads here, and the alumni office reported 11 Leeds grads in town. That said, only 2 of them came to the meet.

I'll PM you.

Steve

WinstonC Dec 13th 2016 6:23 pm

I have lived here for many years. Originally from Manchester - University of Lancaster graduate. Work in IT.

Watch a lot of Premier League, etc.

steveq Dec 13th 2016 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by WinstonC (Post 12128386)
I have lived here for many years. Originally from Manchester - University of Lancaster graduate. Work in IT.

Watch a lot of Premier League, etc.

Hi Winston,

Where are you then ? We're in Park Forest, near Ottos

WinstonC Dec 13th 2016 7:29 pm

Live near YMCA

steveq Dec 13th 2016 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by WinstonC (Post 12128434)
Live near YMCA

PM me, if you want to meet up at some point. The OP, Susi met my wife last week.

We have a bit of a meet up at Otto's on a Friday around 5 with some American and expat friends.

KK85 Dec 15th 2016 10:25 pm

Hello!

I'll be moving to Harrisburg once my CR-1 process is finalised (hopefully next autumn-ish).

I'd be interested to learn how far and wide people travel for expat meets, if anyone can shed any light? Am I too far away (about 1.5 hours' drive, according to trusty ol' Google) to join you all for a chinwag one day? I've had a look at the expat map and am utterly blown away by how many of us there are - I was worried I'd be the only Brit in PA! :huh: :rofl:

steveq Dec 15th 2016 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by KK85 (Post 12130148)

I'd be interested to learn how far and wide people travel for expat meets, if anyone can shed any light?

Hi, Welcome to British Expats.

We go to Harrisburg roughly once a month, though sometimes more - its the nearest Costco, and its on the way to friends we like to visit. You soon get used to it "only" being like driving from Manchester to Birmingham....Only no traffic jams. Its more picturesque.. Not that that wouldn't be easy !

I organised a recent meet-up for Leeds University graduates - the alumni office says there are 450 registered in PA. They can't all be American

There are a lot of British ex-pats in State College, but not many on here.
Steve

KK85 Dec 15th 2016 10:47 pm

That's great to know! Thank you, Steveq! Perhaps once I'm there and settled I can get in touch again, and see if I can tag along to one of your meet-ups. :drinkingwine: