Reload this Page >

Scottish and new in Atlanta

Scottish and new in Atlanta

Old Aug 28th 2019, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Cgee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scottish and new in Atlanta

Hi
We recently moved to the Atlanta area from North Carolina & originally from Scotland.
We are hoping to connect and find out on any UK meet-ups in and around the city.. if any?
thanks so much for any advice in advance ๐Ÿ˜Š

Old Sep 25th 2019, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish and new in Atlanta

I look at posts like this and think "I don;t know the answer, but I have some idea, should I respond?"

So here goes, given I live South of the City, borderline Metro Atlanta, so on the fringes - so far we've encountered 3 other people from the UK in this City, Newnan.

North of the City is pretty cosmopolitan, so there should be plenty of people living that side with British backgrounds. If all else fails, and you don't have anything against Liverpool (I have plenty against them, for no obvious reason as a Swindon fan), there is an Irish bar in Downtown that hosts the local Liverpool Fans Club - Meehan's Public House. It's a nice enough place, typical Irish bar, overly dark but serves Harp (novelty lager). You'd think someone from the old country would frequent it.

A quick search also returns places in Buckhead that have the Rugby World Cup on - that must be a sign of Expats, drinking at 6am!
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

DanDareAtlanta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scottish and new in Atlanta

I realize its a year since the original post but I have just joined. Plenty of brits in Atlanta - go to meetup.com and search Brits in Atlanta. <snip>

I meet up with lots of Brits every weeks - where about are you based?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 7th 2020 at 1:20 pm. Reason: Looks rather spammy for a newbieโ€ฆโ€ฆ..