Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

San Diego Meet-up in August?

San Diego Meet-up in August?

Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: San Diego Meet-up in August?

Originally Posted by Leah326
Meant to ask, can someone PM me am address of where I may be able to park the car please next week? I'll be using my trusty GPS to find you guys.
Sorry, I've no idea. I've never been there before. I guess that we'll just have to park on the surrounding streets (don't park in the red zones though) or in the car park (if there is one).

But if anyone does have a good tip where to park I'd be interested too.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

FinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond repute

Right, instructions. Tiger!Tiger! is at 3025 El Cajon Boulevard: http://goo.gl/maps/x4Wzu

There are a couple of parking spots right in front of the pub, so I'd try them first. If you don't get lucky, I'd look at the surrounding streets south of El Cajon - Ohio/Howard/Polk/30th/Kansas etc. Parking can be a bit of a pain in North Park, but this early in the day it should be doable. If all else fails there are pay lots further down on Ohio just before University Avenue, but that shouldn't be necessary at this time. Don't park on other businesses' lots, that can get you towed...

Once you get to T!T! grab a drink or order food at the bar if you feel like some, and make your way through the room, past the restrooms, and onto the covered back patio. I'll try to get there a bit before 3pm to claim some space. There may be a bike helmet on the table as a prop and I'll try to remember to bring a map so that we have something to point at. If the back patio is completely full we may be inside but again that's unlikely.

Questions?
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

FinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and bring your ID (US driver license or passport if you want to be safe) if you want a drink. This being California T!T! likes to check ID from everybody regardless of how old they look...
Old Aug 7th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, see you all then.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

I'll be arriving a bit later - just after 4 because I have school til 15.30. Looking forward to it.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light

No doubt I'll be late too as I'll be lost or driving around the block trying to park. See you all then
Old Aug 9th 2013, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Reminder: Tomorrow! We're expecting several people!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FinnDiego
Reminder: Tomorrow! We're expecting several people!
Haha, I just got home from school and saw an email from this thread, my stomach lurched, I thought I'd missed it. Took me a while to remember it was only Fri. See you there tomo.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light

See you later on folks!
Old Aug 10th 2013, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

How was it??
Old Aug 10th 2013, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
How was it??
Good! Was nice to meet everybody! Maybe meet you next time.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leah326
Good! Was nice to meet everybody! Maybe meet you next time.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

It was great to finally put faces to names. Should do it again although I think I won't be able to now until baby makes his appearance.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Good times! Thanks to everybody who came over, and hope to see everybody else next time.

Speaking of which, we didn't really talk about if/when to do this again. A month maybe, and probably a different location too?